Monday, October 20, 2008

New Go Home Date - Saturday, October 25

Well, it looks like we may be taking Caleb home on his original due date, November 4, before this is all over. :) Maybe the circ was too much today, but we had a heart rate drop again. I feel very repetitive. Discouragingly, today's was pretty bad.

On a happy note, yesterday, Rick and I drove out to Weatherford for church. (Hi, Weatherford!) I realized I was not going to be able to go see our new church family for quite some time if I didn't go yesterday! So we spent most of the day out there. It was so great to see everyone. I still need to write a long and fun post about our new church home! They are so amazing!!! But I feel like I need to be able to sit and have a good time writing that blog - and I think I'll do that once we're out of the hospital and I can spend lots of time on it. I'm looking forward to it! But it was great to see everyone. We heard a great message, which included some truth about trials, and how they should be a joy to us as they refine us and make us more Christ-like. During the last few weeks I've tried to find things to be joyful about, but I haven't thought about considering the trials themselves as a good thing. I'm hoping I can really meditate on that truth this week, and count these days as joy as the Lord uses them to grow our faith.

Right now though, I'm pretty discouraged. You know the kind of discouragement where you get out your Bible and just kind of stare at it? Because you know that the Lord has so much there to read about Him, and His goodness, and yet it's hard to know where to go to read? I don't know if that's a common problem or not, but it's something that happens to me sometimes when I'm feeling at "the end of my rope". I'm glad God doesn't have an end of His rope. : ) I guess it's about time I let go of mine and grabbed on to His, so to speak.

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.
O my God, my soul is in despair within me; Therefore I remember You from the land of the Jordan and the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and your waves have rolled over me.
The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.

Well, I don't have adversaries "reviling" me like the Sons of Korah in that psalm (42), but I've got an adversary who is, I believe, really trying to get us down. We pray that we will "Hope in God, [and] yet praise Him, the help of [our] countenance and [our] God."

Maybe there's a nurse around here that needs to know Jesus, and Caleb is not letting us out until we find her and tell her about Him! : )

There has been something GREAT that happened this week though! Jill had her baby!!! Baby Abby Jewel decided she was ready to come into this world at 35 weeks along, so nobody was going to stop her! I will add a post all for Abby once Jill or Stan posts some pictures and I can steal them! Congratulations you guys! Mom and baby (and Dad) are all doing great! We love you guys and little Abby!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear y'all had a rough and discouraging day. Thinking about you. Call me anytime, any hour!!!! Praying for all three of you.

Jessica and Matt said...

Girl. I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time! I'm sure this has got to be so challenging. I wish I had better encouragement for you. But I loved the scripture you posted... there's a song that uses it as the lyrics, and I love it (I think it's Dennis Jernagin).

Keep your chin up!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers