Sunday, October 5, 2008

Friday, October 3, 2:30 pm and Before

Hi from Presby Dallas! And yes, I'm going to be breaking up my blogs by time spans! So much has happened in 3 days ... it feels a little more like 3 years, although we are so joyful to have been blessed with a son (who looks just like his daddy)!

I apologize for making anyone who is reading this wait for the full story and all the pictures, but I want to journal each day so that I'll remember it, and I'm just too tired to accomplish it all tonight! So first, Friday morning and early afternoon ...


Rick and I frantically tried to get everything done that we could before going to the hospital at 2:30. We got up around 6:30 ish, Rick did some work on the computer, and I walked around all excited about the day, and then decided I should try to get a little more sleep. At 7:30 ish I got up, got dressed, and asked Rick to take me to IHOP! I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything (not even water!) from 8:30 am until after the C-Section surgery (which started at 4:30 pm). I was a little nervous about the water thing - I usually drink GALLONS by 4:30! Drinking lots of water was supposed to help keep Caleb safe, so it was weird to not be drinking it all day!

I ate what I could at IHOP (too nervous to eat as many blueberry pancakes as I wanted to!) Then Rick and I went home to finish the last minute details. We showered, packed our bags, looked up a few things (like where to get our car seat installation inspected), and I wrote the previous blog. :) Then we loaded up for a few errands before hitting the hospital!


We went to Target to get a "bring home the baby" outfit (such a cute little Winnie the Pooh outfit!) and a box for pictures. Then we went to buy Rick some new flip flops (weird errand for the day huh?) We found some stylin' flops and went to Wolf camera (too expensive) and Best Buy to get a camera tripod! And for our first tripod usage ... pregnancy pictures in the park! That was our last stop before the hospital!


Imagine me, getting into position, and then Rick clicking the timer button and having 10 seconds to get in the picture with me! He did a GREAT job!

The 35 Week (and final) Belly Pic!



This one was tricky to do in 10 seconds!!



The new flops (I thought they were worth a picture while Rick worked on the tripod!)



This was so much fun!!!



The significance of this last picture is that we took one just like it, in the exact same spot, for our engagment pictures almost 2 years ago!



And there we went ... off to the hospital to meet our son!


Again I apologize for the picture delay, but they'll come soon! As a side note, Caleb gave us quite a scare, and is still in the NICU, but he is doing much better and is improving! More on that tomorrow ...

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

So, I was looking at the pics, thinking they looked like where we did engagement pics... :)

PS...congrats Mommy! :)

Magnus, Mindy and Mika Aaserud said...

My mom called me on Saturday and told me as much as she could from Nana, so I was very happy to hear that everything looked good expected for the fact that he is in ICU, not good, but it looks like it will all work out ok. I am looking forward to the pics of the little blessing of Caleb.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers