Okay, so, the weekend. I woke up Friday feeling terrible - mostly headache but it was the kind that makes it impossible to think. I was also really achy, and it was hard to move my neck around right. So I called into work and took a sick day, and pretty much slept and was a bum while I tried to feel better. Rick & I diagnosed me with Menangitis (no, not accurately), and we called the doctor of course to be sure everything was okay. They prescribed me some pain medicine, I said no thanks (I mean after all, this baby has enough to deal with without more medicine!), and the day went on. Doesn't it seem like whenever you take a sick day, it puts you 4 days behind? Why is that? And our apartment got increasingly messy, because I felt too bad to clean.
So Saturday, feeling better by this point, we went to work outside in the yard of the lady who is teaching our birth classes. She needed some help around the house and offered to let Rick do that work in exchange for paying for classes. Yet another HUGE blessing from the Lord, and Rick was actually excited to help her out. So we went over there early and got to working in the yard. (No, I did not overheat. Yes, I drank lots of water. Yes, I wore sunscreen and bug spray that has no deet in it.) I'm sure I was a HUGE help to Rick as he did all the hard work and I did things like take a trip to the store in the air-conditioned truck to get us Gatorades.
We got home, cleaned up (ourselves - the apartment is still messy at this point) and cooled down, ate a quick lunch and started packing for Weatherford. We spent most of Saturday and Sunday there while Rick continued with his interview with a church, and he preached there Sunday. And he did GREAT! We are constantly amazed by this church - they are so welcoming and loving! We had a great time. But it was a really busy weekend, and I get tired pretty easily these days! We had lots of good food, great company, and we're really looking forward to going back out this weekend!
We got home from Weatherford Sunday night (on the way home, I desperately needed a chocolate milk and Ranch Doritos, so we got those ...) to our extremely messy apartment. The plan was to clean. What actually happened is we crawled in bed and watched football. Oops! We were exhausted!
Monday morning we went back out to our birth class lady's house to do some more yard stuff, and then came back home that afternoon. The plan for Monday was to clean. What actually happened is I fell asleep. Oops again! After my wonderful nap, we decided to be responsible adults and skip the cleaning and go straight to dinner and a movie. (Thank you to Nana & Papa for the Outback certificate!). We haven't been on a date in ages, and it was a blast.
In the movie theater, we sat behind a girl who had a hot dog with lots of relish on it. OH MY GOSH, did it smell good. That is the closest I've come to asking a total stranger for a bite of their food. Rick has been dealing with my pregnancy craziness very well, but I'm pretty sure he would have taken me home if I had gone that far! Now I just have to find some low fat hot dogs I can make at home. Oh, and the movie was fine, but really, the yummy smelling hot dog and the Junior Mints were the highlights of that part of the night. :)
So Monday at 10:30 we got home and crashed. It was a great weekend, but OH so tiring. Love those holidays, though!!
And yes, the apartment is STILL a disaster. The plan is to clean tonight when we both get home from work. So far that sort of plan has been very unsuccessful ...


1 comment:
Cleaning is for the weak!
Post a Comment