Okay people ... boy do we have a prayer request for you! Today at the 35 week appointment, Caleb measured at about 6.5 lbs. You might remember that we were guessing he'd be 6.5 last week ... but he hasn't grown as much these two weeks as he usually does. The doctor said that's normal. Actually, when I looked concerned, he laughed at me and said, "This kid's smallest measurement is in like the 60th percentile - don't worry. It's normal for growth to slow down at the end." If he's okay with it, so am I!
Speaking of "the end" of pregnancy ... well first, I should say, today Caleb looked great, heart beat was super and he's practicing breathing like crazy. He's got a huge head, which is an extra unimportant detail. :) Now, about that "end" of pregnancy, which was supposed to be around October 14th. We are having an amnio this Thursday (October 2nd), to check his lung maturity. If his lungs are mature, we are inducing THIS FRIDAY. Yes, October 3rd. Surprised? Me, too!
Most of the questions I have gotten are "why"s. I think the doctor just wants to deliver him as soon as we can. Not because anything is looking worse or anything like that, but just because "it's worth a shot" as he said today. And although Caleb would technically be "safe" even if he came today, if his lungs are developed it's even easier to say that he can be born without needing any help breathing or any special care. So ... our prayer is MATURE LUNGS on Thursday. We go in at 8:30 am Thursday, and probably will know the results some time later that day. My doctor is the one on call Friday, which would be an AWESOME thing that God set up for us if we do indeed induce Friday.
Four days! Crazy! If his little lungs aren't developed, then we will continue to wait. I don't have any details on what we do then, but I'll blog it if it happens!
So ... if the Lord brings us to your mind, maybe if you're like me and getting winded walking upstairs which reminds me of lungs : ), please pray for our little boy's lungs to be ready and willing to breathe air on Thursday!
So many of you have prayed for us throughout this journey, and I just can't tell you how humbled I am by your willingness to lift us up in prayer. Thank you so much.
Jessica - I hope you guys are having a GREAT time, thanks for saying hi on the blog comments!! Apparently Caleb didn't read your comments since he's thinking of coming even earlier ... we'll give him a hard time for that later! :)
And gosh, something else that is incredible that God has done ... Rick was offered a job last week with the church in Weatherford that we have been interviewing with for a few months! We are SO excited! More to come on that, because it is wonderful, but for now my lunch break is over & I've got to wrap things up at work ... in case Wednesday is my last day for a few weeks!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
YAY!!! Niki, this is crazy! I really do believe that sweet little Caleb will be ready on Thursday, and he'll meet this world on Friday! So fun and so exciting! I'm just so glad you have made it this far--35 weeks is greatness! What hospital?? You know my friend Kelley will have her triplets on Thursday night, right??
How amazing and exciting! I will make sure and say an extra prayer for both of you tonight. Let us know how the amneo comes back
Love you, Hayley
I know, I just have a feeling that he has cooked enough!! It's time for him to meet all of us on Friday. He'll probably want to go back in there after meeting us, but I don't care. I'll just need about a week to convince him of how cool I am!!!
YAY!!! Pack your bags....it's time!!!!!
Wow.. I will totally be praying for you. It seems a little soon, but hopefully the doctors know what they are doing.. .. Sorry but I do get nervous when babies are brought into the world earlier then expected. My prayers and thoughts are totally for you.
May the next four days be filled with peace knowing that so many people are praying for you and Caleb.
I just can't wait to meet him. I have been looking forward to the day for many, many years!
Post a Comment