We had great doctors appointments this week, and I will sum them all up so that it's not too confusing. My liver function tests are DOWN!! Yea!! Totally an answered prayer. (They are supposed to be under 40, and mine were 598 in early August. Now I see why the doc called them "impressively high". They're now in the 100's!!) So I'm excited!
My high-risk doctor said:
(1) This is going well, but I don't want to get cocky. We still need to monitor you weekly, and you need to come in immediately if the baby isn't moving enough.
(2) We are inducing at week 37 even if everything does go back to normal at some point, because that doesn't mean your body is actually normalized.
(3) I want to see you THE DAY, not the day after, you worry about the baby's movements.
Okay ... I love the fact that he is concerned, and isn't going to take any risks. That is WONDERFUL. Seriously, he's great. However, he continually reminds me to come in immediately if I am concerned. Each time he says that, I want to say, "Sir, I am his mother. If I am concerned, I will gladly camp out on your front lawn, or follow you in a high speed chase, or parachute onto your truck bed, or call you every 3 minutes from a different phone number until you answer and you check on him." However, I have yet to actually say any of these things. Next time he says,"Don't wait even one day to call me if you're scared," I may have to put him at ease about that. He should be much more worried about what I will do if I call him and he doesn't call me back immediately.
But anyway, the liver doctor (I forget the long name of what he is) said all looks good, which means we all agree this is probably a pregnancy-induced issue and my liver should be okay later. Good news for later.
Little boy weighs 4 LBS 10 OZ at 31 weeks!!! Which happens to be a little more than I weighed when I was born at 34 weeks. He is BIG. I have no sonogram pictures for the week, because the boy is ALL ABOUT THE FEET! He grabbed his toes with his little fingers and held his feet out in front of his face! Way cute on a sonogram, but not so good for the pictures! Whenever we could see his face, he had his mouth wide open and stuck out his entire tongue at us. The nurse got a big kick out of that!
He's not even born, and I'm already an obsessed mom. Gotta watch that. :) But little boy, you are SO prayed for! And I believe you are staying healthy, because the people of God are praying and He answers prayer!
We're up at Cafe B (shout out to Jessica! Our old stompin' ground!), because they have free wi-fi and Rick is doing his Fantasy Football live draft with his guy buddies. And I did the research to find us a late night free wi-fi place ... it's just a coincidence that they have the BEST cinnamon toast anywhere!!! I'm all out of Junior Mints for the day, but don't worry, I have a box of Nerds to get me through.
Jessica, can you say Shoji? (Shogee? Anyway ...) There is actually a guy working here that worked here when we were in college, too, but it's not Shoji. : ) It's the younger guy who had the most piercings and tatoos - I think LaHora thought he was cute. Remember him?
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Mmmmmmm.....cinnamon toast.....yummmy!!!!!! Cafe B brings back so many great and funny memories. Just giggle thinking about them.
So glad to hear the great news from your doctors visit. Sounds like Caleb is on track to be a big boy!
hehehe...he stuck his tongue out at the nurse! I love it!!
Post a Comment