Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Shower Blogs

Silly me, I was about to blog about Jill's baby shower, and realized I forgot to blog about my own baby shower! But I'm going to combine it with Jill's baby shower into one blog, because I forgot to take pictures. I know - that's terrible - but it was a work shower, and we're really not allowed to have cameras at work. So had I thought about it in advance, I could have cleared it through security ... but I didn't!

Anyway, the wonderful ladies and gentlemen at work threw me a baby shower last week. I was SO impressed that the guys showed up, too! It might have just been for the yummy cake, but they still endured some pretty girly stuff to get to the cake. Speaking of cake, we DID get a phone picture of it.



How amazing is that? A lady at work MADE that! At home! She matched it to the precious plates and napkins we had. The whole top was striped, and the sides had little polka dots all around. Thank you, Marie!!! If you need a cake maker for an occasion, I'll give you Marie's phone number. (It tasted great, too!)

This is another cake we had - a diaper cake! How creative!
The front ...



The back ...

And a bottle holding it all together in the middle! Thank you, Corinda!
We had a great time and were VERY blessed by the generosity of everyone at work. Thanks you guys!!
Now on to Jill's shower, which was SO fun! Here are the hostesses & Jill:
Jill is the cute pregnant one in the middle of the bottom row, not to be confused with the pregnant ones on either side of her. : )
Hmm, why do I look like I weigh 400 pounds? I'm not sure, but everyone else looks great! We can't blame it on the photographer, or the angle, so we'll blame it on the dress and how it's gathering. That sounds good. But the shower was great, and there were such sweet gifts given that most of us cried at some point. We're so excited for you, Jill & Mystery-Named-Baby-Girl!
When my day started with brownies that WOULD NOT COOK, and then peppermint icing that WOULD NOT SPREAD, and then chocolate topping that WOULD NOT HARDEN, I had no idea the day could still turn out okay. But after a few hours of making the brownies behave, and thanks to a wonderful husband who ran my errands for me so I could stay home and babysit said brownies, it all worked out!
This is my 33 week pic, which proves (I think?) that I don't weigh 400 pounds. Yet.
This belly is getting heavy!! With 6 pounds of baby in there, sometimes I think it's just going to fall off!

2 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Are you kidding me? I couldn't get over how great you looked at the shower! I agree that the one pic was not reflective of how great you really look. You certainly don't look big!

And the brownies--I'm telling you DELISH.

AND that Marie lady is clearly very talented, and very patient! That cake looks amazing!!!

Jill said...

1. Brownies were off the chart!!!

2. You DONT look like you weigh 400 pounds. Because I DO weigh 400 pounds and I know what that looks like.

3. Love both of your cakes. Don't try and eat the diaper cake. It's not eatable.

4. You make me laugh.

5. Still waiting on the CD of pictures from Jessica so that we can post those pictures of us together.

6. You make me LAUGH!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers