Wednesday, September 10, 2008

32 Weeks

I can NOT believe we've got 5 weeks or less to go! Amazing! I can't wait to meet this precious little boy!

We had great 32 week doctors' appointments, but once again, I have no sonogram pictures. The nurse took about 15 (no exaggeration), but all of them look like alien pictures to me. It's impossible to tell what's going on. We did get to see little wrinkles on his back (apparently they're wrinkly in there!), and we got to see little wisps of hair on his head, so I guess he has hair! The nurse said if you picture a baby sleeping on his stomach, with his arms and legs spread out (but his feet tucked under his "hiney") and his head turned to the side, that's how he was situated this week! Which explains why he can kick or punch me at all four corners of my rib cage. But I love it!

Right now, his rear end is pushing up on whatever helps me to sing. You should hear it ... I sound like a 13 year old boy with my voice all weak and cracking. Sometimes I sing especially loud with the radio in the car on the way home from work, because it makes me laugh!

So this week his feet were out of his face, but he continued to stick his tongue out at the nurse constantly. That's why she took 15 pictures - she still thinks it's hillarious when he sticks his tongue out. I started worrying later that night, because he was also chewing on his hand, does that mean he's hungry? Because we just learned about those "hunger cues" in our child birth class. So I ate at Chipotle just in case! Who can be hungry after a meal at Chipotle??

Speaking of Chilbirth classes, maybe it's just me, but they are the most fun & traumatic experiences I've ever had. I love learning about this stuff, and I am petrified by most of the stuff we learn, all at the same time! I highly recommend them - just take a teddy bear to hug with you!

Oh, and one more thing ... In this week's class, as we were learning to bathe our babies, Rick DROPPED the baby. Yes, the first dad in the class to drop the baby was my (usually coordinated) husband. Sorry to call you out, Rick, but really it was hillarious, because he is also the only dad that answers all the questions and knows all about this stuff. He's done his homework. Rick explained to the class that someone had to eventually drop the baby, and he was just getting it out of the way for everyone. Way to take one for the team! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

RICK!!!! Seriously. Oh my....I'm cracking up! I can NOT believe he dropped the baby! LOL!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers