Thursday, September 18, 2008

33 weeks

Our 33 week appointment did not go as well as we had hoped.

Various things have the doctors very concerned, and there is not really much that we can do about it. But we are doing everything we can to keep our little boy healthy, alive, and developing as long as possible. Please pray for him. I know that the Lord has a plan, and I know that it is a good plan. I know that no matter what happens, He is God, and He is good. Unfortunately, my emotions are crazy, and I'm scared for our son. And so instead of being full of peace and faith right now, I am struggling with worry and fear and sadness, and the immense heartache of the thought of losing him.

That is the truth of what I feel. But this isn't where I want to be, so I'll keep praying until my emotions come under the rein of what I know is true. The TRUTH, is that God already knows what's coming, even though we don't. In Christ we're able to pray and be heard by God, and that's what we're going to continue to do.

Thankfully, Caleb is 5 lbs, 15 oz! He's huge! And thankfully, his vital signs look great, despite my frightening test results. I am praying that the Lord is protecting him from what is going on in my body, and that we'll soon be holding a healthy little boy who made it through all of this just fine.

Thank you for praying with us! As soon as my scanner works again, I'll post pictures of this HUGE baby!

4 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Niki. You are not supposed to make me cry at work. Wait--did I just confess that I'm reading your blog while at work? Ooops. Okay, so Jill always gives me updates on you and your doctor appointments. And MattBurk and I pray for you guys, because I can only imagine how you must feel. I know this is going to sound crazy, and maybe this isn't displaying faith or whatever, but why don't you just ask them if they can admit you, so they can monitor the baby constantly? I mean, what would be the harm? It seems like if they're that concerned, that they would. I don't know... maybe because I have two other friends who are in the hospital for their pregnancies, I'm just in that mindset. I do know that both of them feel better just knowing that they're there (even though they're probably hating it for different reasons).

Jessica and Matt said...

Btw--MattBurk and I will continue praying for you guys, and believing that sweet little Caleb will enter this world healthy and whole, in God's perfect timing. And that God will give you perfect peace!

Jill said...

Jess is too much! Look how long her comment is! LOL!

We are ALL praying for you sweetie. I'm so glad that you did go to the hospital last night. Let us know how the weekend goes and abour your appt on Monday!

Niki said...

Thank y'all! Now you're going to make me start crying!!

Yes, my next question for the doctor is - if we're that worried, why am I not hooked up to a monitor? I agree, what is the harm?? Thank you for praying!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers