The 29 week doctor visit went well! No sono pictures this week, because the ones we got weren't too great. Little boy had two hands up in front of his face, and the doctor switched over to 3-D to take pictures - so really, you can't tell what in the world is going on in the pic! But the doctor was encouraging, and he's amazed that I'm not itching anymore (ANSWERED PRAYER! THANK YOU FOR PRAYING! And please don't quit! :) Still having to monitor the little one closely, but usually if I'm concerned, I just have to feed him a few Skittles and he kicks me like crazy! (If that doesn't work, I wake him up with the trusty heart monitor!)
My fun story for the week begins with my sweet, innocent husband's joke that he was going to zap an X-Box 360 when we went to register. Some friends at work are throwing us a shower, so we went to register even though we weren't planning on it originally. We very carefully selected only the things we needed, methodically going through the millions of "Necessary" items that BabiesRUs was convinced we needed ... (wipies warmer? give me a break!) ... and spending lots of time thinking through different items, and we called it a day. Apparently that was the wrong approach. My friends at work gave me a really hard time about not having registered for enough, and not having registered at Target as well. So, we went back out the next weekend to Target, and I must admit, we weren't necessarily quite as "on task" as we were the weekend before.
So I kept an eye on Rick, seeing as he had the register gun, any time we were close to the X-Boxes, because he would definitely scan one if he had the chance. Fortunately, he did not get the chance, and we went home.
Yesterday, I get online to look at our registry and make a few changes, and as I'm scrolling down, things start to look strange. I see "Blue Rubbermade 50 gallon Tub" on my list. That's odd, I'm thinking, but maybe some labels got mixed up. So I delete it. The next section on my list is "Dinnerware". Dinnerware? In the baby section? Sure enough, several sets of phychadellic green and blue plates are on our registry. What in the world? So I delete those. (I had a flashing memory of Rick saying "Cool plates!" at one point during the registering ...) Laundry Detergent. Cat food. It just keeps getting worse ... guess what my husband did every time I wasn't paying attention? He scanned the closest thing to us! Since we weren't doing this as deliberately, I didn't really think about the extra beep now and then!
If anyone asks me why we are planning to feed our child cat food, I may tell them that it was my husband's idea! When I reported back to Rick that strangely enough, there was cat food on our registration list, he laughed hysterically! What a punk. : )
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
oh Rick......it's not like he is such a small guy and can hide from anyone. He's this super tall guy walking around with the zapper and zapping everything he sees. I know that people in Target were like, "what's that guy doin'?"
Post a Comment