As we waddle into the third trimester (can you believe it's already the third trimester?), we've encountered a little road bump in the process.
Long story shortened (but not necessarily short) ... we've done some extensive blood tests and have discovered that we'll have to deal with a pregnancy complication we weren't counting on. My liver, apparently, is on vacation and is only reporting back in for duty some of the time. Possibly because of the gall bladder stuff, or maybe just because pregnancy hormones can do crazy things to our organs. The biggest threat to the baby occurs after week 38, so we will be inducing no later than week 37. That means that by October 14th at the very latest, we will get to meet little Caleb!
The doctors are being very conservative and are going to be monitoring me and the baby with sonograms and blood tests once a week, so we'll get lots of pictures and maybe I'll get over my fear of needles. I was a very good patient yesterday - see, I can handle needles, I just need good motivation that it's worth it! :)
Please keep us in your prayers (Rick, me, and Caleb) if the Lord brings us to your mind. I am 100% confident that this did not surprise God, although it surprised us, and that God created little Caleb and knew him before the foundations of the earth ... long before he gave him to me to carry. And although we're still scared, and still dealing with a sense of insecurity, we know that God is completely in control and we will trust Him. I'm still as weak as ever and am having to pray for strength (and not to worry constantly!), but God is still as strong as ever and is providing strength moment by moment. It is comforting to know that a GOOD God is in control, but it is also the pure truth!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Maybe you could convince your dr to induce on 10-09-08! :) That would be a cool bday. But, whatever is best for baby Caleb, my future son-in-law, is good for me! love you!
Wow. That last paragraph was moving. What a testimony to your faith. We will definitely be praying for the three of you. :)
Post a Comment