Friday, August 28, 2009

Back and Busy

So we made it back from Midland with no further I-20 incidents (yay). Caleb did cry for the last 1.5 hours on the way home - he was VERY ready to be out of the car!



Hayley came back with us and spent a week here helping me out - it was great!! It's amazing how great an extra pair of hands can be! (especially when they're Hayley's willing and able hands!) The first time we had to stop to go to the restroom on the way home, and I didn't have to carry Caleb in with me, I realized this was going to be a sweet deal! ha! Thank you Hayley, we had so much fun!



Oops ... hold on ... I have peas boiling over on the stove.


During the week, Mom and Dad flew in and treated us to the Paul McCartney concert. AMAZING!!! Rick and I headed up to meet my parents in Arlington excited but having no idea how awesome this concert was going to be. Rick's sister Heather and Hayley watched Caleb for us, and we had a great night out! (Thanks, girls!)



We went to Mom & Dad's hotel, got a bus over to the concert (which was at the new Cowboys stadium), and had FLOOR SEATS! I walked right by the Dallas Cowboys' Cheerleaders' locker room getting to our chairs! I SO almost went in, too. Nobody was in there, and it would have been awesome to see it! And besides, I was looking for a water fountain.





So of course, I thought I'd take a picture of Rick and me at the concert.









I wasn't ready - I was trying to aim.










Umm ... why won't my husband just smile and pose for the camera?













Forget it. :)











We had such a blast!!! I need to post some pics from Rick's phone, because they're better than mine!





One of the highlights, which I tried DESPERATELY to get a video of on my phone, was that we had a guy sitting in front of us and to the right that was AIR GUITARING THE ENTIRE CONCERT!!!! He was probably 48 years old, and I have never seen air guitaring like this. Oh Jessica, I so wish you could have seen him! By the end, I wasn't even trying to hide the fact that I was videoing him, but I never did get a decent shot. Dang. It was awesome.





We left 3 or 4 songs before he quit, because we had a long trip home, wanted to beat the traffic, and I had been away from Caleb way too long. We got a rickshaw (well, a guy pulling a buggy on a bike) back to the hotel, which was also so fun!!! I did pay for the lack of sleep for a few days, but it was worth it.





All of the Caleb pics I'm posting are a month old, so just before he turned 10 months old. I'm catching up!



Fun with Daddy and a Spatula: I eat it.









You eat it. (ignore the laundry that is ALWAYS in the background)








I try to pull it away.








Mommy, look at Daddy! He's so silly!









The aftermath of drool!









Circling the table, like a shark, with my giraffe.






You expected something else?








Some people have asked me about making my own baby food, so here's the short story. Now I can use whatever Rick and I eat, but before I just bought whatever was in season: peaches, apples, asparagus, broccoli, green beans, bananas, cantelope ... whatever. I use "Super Baby Food" as a book guide to what Caleb can eat and how to prepare it. It's WAY over the top, but has useful info if you wade through the craziness.



I food processor it up, serve what he'll eat:






And freeze the rest in ice cube trays.



Plums and Peaches on the left, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes on the right. I label the bags, and my book also tells me how long each thing will keep in the freezer.









For meats, I just buy them. They're too much trouble to prepare safely (I think), and not any cheaper. Veggies and fruits though are WAY cheaper to do at home.









Albertson's had a baby food sale! Oh, and Caleb loves his puffs of course, over there on the left.






Since they need finger food, I do strips of banana, little pieces of fruit/veggies/meat, and these:

puffs and yogurt melts





Those are the staples of Caleb's diet!



When Rick is gone, Caleb goes looking throughout the house for him, yelling "DADA" and banging on all the doors that are shut, just in case he's behind them!



More fun with Daddy










He's so playful these days! But that red hair ... a lady at WalMart today said it will give him spunk. Yeah, or a 'TUDE!


You can see he takes meals very seriously ...








Next post - month 10! Then I'll be caught up! Yay for me!


3 comments:

Jill said...

So much to say:

1. The lady in the background of your first picture needs to mind her own business. LOL!

2. Did you get peas all over your floor? heheee

3. The spatula!!

4. The giraffe!!

5. Caleb banging on doors that are shut! hilarious. Abby will go all over the house and when she finds me, she thinks she won! She starts clapping and saying "Yaaaaayyyyyy". Doesn't she know that she will always find me in our house? Our house isn't very big at all.

6. Red hair. I think it gave me spunk my whole life. ;)

7. And I'll end with this....oh my goodness...that CUP and the way he DRINKS it!! tooo funny! Abigirl will not hold it up like that and proceeds to get mad at me when it doesn't come out. This boy has definitely figured it out!! :)

Love you! - We need another date!

Niki said...

LOL, I hadn't noticed that lady! Ha ha, that's so funny! Caleb loves both the spatula and the giraffe, and now ... the potato masher. Who needs expensive toys?

We do need a date!! I need to see precious Abigirl, too! So precious!!!

Niki said...

Oh, and yes, peas EVERYWHERE.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers