Monday, May 11, 2009

Crawling is Upon Us

The fam was in this past weekend, and we had a blast! We cooked out, went to Fort Worth to get some seafood, rode the train near the zoo, and in general just had a great time. I love it when we get to hang out! Thanks, fam!

Friday, I stayed up until 2 with my little sister, doing something really fun but stupid. It's because I have a new addiction. We got all the old Nintendo games to play on our computer - for FREE! (have I mentioned, I love free?) All we had to do was download an emulator (ours is called Nestopia) and then any NES games (Nintendo Entertainment System) we wanted! (Googled it.) They are like 6K each - they take practically no memory. So Rick and I have been playing Zelda! SUCH a great game!!!! It's amazing how we remember little tips and tricks after 20 years! Why can't I remember my high school Spanish like that? If you're a Nintendo fan, it will take you about 10 minutes to get it all set up. Next ... Bubble Bobble! Awesome. But I am too old to play until 2 in the morning, for sure.

So here's a new layout to check out - big polka dots. And here's the scary thought for the day - Caleb is one second away from crawling!!!! Is my baby really old enough to crawl? I still am amazed that he's old enough to eat real food! Today, he got up on his knees, moved one forward, moved the other forward to meet the first one, and then looked at me like "ummmm ... okay ... what now?" I am in SO much trouble when this little one gets going! I need a cage! (just kidding!)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmoms, great grandmoms, and spiritual "moms" who have mentored girls like a mother would! Our first mother's day was great fun. I got to spend part of mother's day with my mom, which was such a blessing! We had dinner with Rick's mom to celebrate, and are having banana splits tonight to celebrate me being a mom! Mmmmmm, sprinkles, here I come!

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers