I'm having a nostalgia day. My little boy is growing up SO fast. I can't believe it!!! I'm headed to go meet Graham Austyn, the newest addition to the Harris family, and I know holding that little boy, I'm going to be really shocked at how little Caleb used to be, and how big he is now. It feels like he's going to be 18 in no time!
Awwwww! So tiny, and so yellow!!
Okay, enough of that, I'm going to enjoy this time with him and not worry about him being 18, and driving off to college, and me going through 80 boxes of tissue crying because he's all grown up and the time went so fast. Sigh. Did I mention I was emotional today?
I went back and read some old blogs, and some of the things I said (like that Caleb would go immediately to sleep when I held him in the NICU), I had already forgotten! I'm so glad to have our thoughts and experiences recorded. Blogs are awesome! Caleb this week has become very cautious - no more smiling and laughing and jumping into anyone's arms. He's still happy to be held, but he's definitely more interested in how far away mom and dad are, and who exactly it is that wants to hold him. He examines everything very closely (especially buttons). I made homemade peaches (baby food) yesterday, which he liked much better than the store bought peaches. His face was hilarious though - they were a little tart! He was squinting from the tartness and holding his mouth wide open for more at the same time.
I went to lunch with some friends from Rockwell yesterday, and Caleb sat in a big boy highchair in the restaurant and ate squash while we ate lunch. Is he really old enough for that? When I get him up in the morning and take him to our bed to feed him, he goes immediately to touch Rick's hair or face (whichever is toward him and sticking out of the covers), and he laughs and laughs whenever Rick opens his eyes and talks. He's starting now to look forward to that each morning - I can tell as soon as I put him on the end of the bed that he's headed for Rick, whether or not he can see him yet. Is he really old enough to be thinking like that, too?
Sigh. College, here we come. : ) Love you little man!




2 comments:
I LOVE the new background. Definitely my vote for the best. Is it sad that I got a little emotional about Caleb growing up too fast???
I CAN'T WAIT to see y'all tomorrow.
I'm glad it's not just me!! It was so fun to see you!!!
Post a Comment