
Preparing for this blog, I looked back at my blog when Caleb was 5 months, 2 weeks old (like Kerith is now), because it's so fun for me to see how different they are. I am shocked! I started giving Caleb cereal at this age (after having tried and failed a couple of weeks before)! Cereal is not even on the radar for Kerith yet. Of course, Caleb was lucky to sleep 5 hours at a time on breast milk only, and Kerith is sleeping up to 10 hours already! I think I'll wait until you're a full 6 months before we try real food girlie girl.
I can't believe you are already 5.5 months old!! You have rolled over now from back to front and front to back (at 5 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day - two weeks earlier than your brother, so you can brag!) You're looking like you are going to crawl any day, which makes me incredibly nervous!
I also blogged that Caleb was such a happy baby at this age, and everyone told me our second would be a nightmare. Well, they were wrong! You are such a wonderful baby. You smile all the time, and everyone remarks to me how happy you are when they meet you. You cry when you're cold, hungry, or want to be held ... which is the way it has been since you were born!
You love your feet, you love to chew on your fingers, and you love to suck on your thumb. You LOVE your Daddy! Your sweet smiles every time you see or hear him warm my heart! You also love to watch your brother and smile at him. Your hands are very grabby these days, holding on to anything you can reach with a very strong grip!
You show a fondness for people and for action - you are a go go go kind of girl! If I put you in the car, you crash out for pretty much however long I drive. You seem to have a long attention span already, working to reach something for as long as it takes you. You have a little trouble reaching your toes over your ... um ... girly figure, but you'll try and try and pull on your pants until you get there!
Your nicknames these days are mostly "grilly" (from the way Caleb says "girl"), "sweet cheeks", and "sweet smiler". Those work out into things like silly grilly, baby grilly, sweet cheekers grill, and so on and so forth. You are a beautiful baby - another thing everyone always tells us. I hope I can teach you that true beauty comes from the heart, and a gentle and quiet spirit before the Lord. I constantly realize that I wish I were a better role model for my little girl who will be watching me so closely!
You are a joy and a treasure to us. I can't wait to see you continue to grow. You babble constantly to us, and you smile and laugh very easily. I am pretty sure that soon I will be blogging about chasing you around the house ... trying to keep you from eating Caleb's toys ... oh dear, it makes me nervous just thinking about it! Ha!
Keep growing girl. We love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment