My first Christmas present, to myself, was the discovery of my toes! Oh my gosh! They are awesome! I tried to tell Caleb about it, but he didn't really seem interested. Who understands boys, anyway?
While at Granna and Coach's house, I also found my thumb! I think I will be a thumb sucker for awhile. Oops ... busted ...

... pay no attention to that wet spot on my sleeve. I'm just playing with my toes, Mom. And maybe sucking a thumb.
But let me back up. We spent Christmas Day at Mimi & Heather's. I, of couse, had a bow on for the occasion. And if I do say so myself, I'm pretty cute.

At this point, I was still chewing fingers. I had not discovered the wonderfulness that is my thumb, yet.
Happy girl!
Sunday after Christmas we were at home so Daddy could preach. He also painted our countertops, and they stunk. But Mom says they look pretty. This is my Daddy and big brother on the couch.
After church Sunday, we went to Midland for the week to see Coach and Granna. I did a lot of fun stuff! I rolled over for the first time, I took naps in everybody's lap, I got lots of kisses, and that's when I found my thumb!
On New Year's we celebrated Christmas and New Year's together. I got myself a comfy seat on my Nana's lap and watched everybody (well, mostly Caleb since he was the loudest) open presents.
Merry Christmas, everybody!
And thank you to Mom's friend, Sandra, who came over to help after Mom had surgery. She gave me a bath. Hey, did you know that when your Mom has surgery, you have to drink FORMULA from a BOTTLE???? How wrong is that! Don't worry, I let them know how I felt about it. I can scream for a good 3 hours before I wear myself out. I'm building up endurance for the next time they try that mess.










No comments:
Post a Comment