
I admit, over the past year, I have had many brilliant ideas about what to do for your one year blog. Well, many ideas anyway. And now that I'm sitting here ... I don't have the words. How do you sum up a year in a few paragraphs? You don't! And, I'm beginning to be okay with that.
I see a lot of people these days - I see myself these days! - going to events and places, and using all of our time taking pictures, sending video texts, etc. The technology we have, which is wonderful, allows us to capture moments and share them with others. But I wonder sometimes if we miss out on experiencing the moment ourselves, because we are trying to capture and save something that can't be captured. It's like the Sesame Street episode with the firefly ... just kidding. Although I do think I could relate any life event to a Sesame Street episode. Caleb, I really want to capture the joy and love that filled today, celebrating one year of life that the Lord has given you. But I can't tell you what today was like. It was amazing, and a blessing from God, and I am going to enjoy it. But I am not going to be able to explain it.
In celebration of answered prayers and God's most generous gifts - Caleb's birth day, one year ago ...
About 3 hours before you were born:
About 3 minutes before you were born!
At 4:45 pm, October 3, 2008, we met you! 6 lbs, 5 oz, and 19 3/4" long!
Caleb's First Year:
Month 1 , October 2008
Month 2, November
Month 3, December
Month 4, January
Month 5, February
Month 6, March
Month 7, April
Month 8, May
Month 9, June
Month 10, July
Month 11, August
Month 12, September
And now, because either blogspot or our country-fied internet connection can't handle all the pictures I have on here, I'm going to have to leave the rest of the blog like it is. Here are some of my favorite pictures throughout the year!
Caleb, Happy Birthday, little man! What a joy you are! We had no idea, a year ago today, what our life would be like at 4:46 pm, when our immediate family would no longer be two, but three.
We had no idea that we could sit for hours watching a 3 month old drool on a stuffed dragonfly, and it would be more entertaining than any movie we have ever seen.
We would have laughed at anyone who told us that getting a smile from you would make it worth getting up at 3 am to change a stinky diaper. Even if you immediately poop in the clean diaper we just put on, and even if you spray us in between the poopy diapers.
We were told that we would love you beyond what we could imagine - and we do. We were told that having a child would help us to understand a new aspect of God's love - and it does. We were NOT told how many times we would look at each other wondering why we didn't have the answers to all of life's questions about babies! We were also not told how many times a day you would make us smile.
I would never have imagined I would see my daddy and your daddy singing twinkle, twinkle little star in public (complete with hand motions), because you asked them to.
The Lord has answered many prayers to bless you with a first birthday. We love you, Caleb! You are a joy to us, and you make our hearts swell with love every time we see you. Happy First Birthday!












































































2 comments:
Time has just gone by WAY too fast. I'm really starting to get emotional about all this! :(
Happy Belated Bday Mr. Caleb!!
I love seeing all the pictures of Caleb over the past 12 months. He is such a handsome boy. Happy 1st Birthday!!!!
Post a Comment