So ... I thought I'd give our plan for the semester, or at least today's version. We have made many plans, and God thankfully has redirected us many times. So our plans change frequently, but we *think* we know at least what we'll be doing for the semester. We take it day by day though, so if tomorrow we decide to pack up and move to Burma, I'll let you know.
I am staying at Rockwell Collins (assuming the Lord continues to provide a job for me here). Rick was planning to get a job for the semester and just take one class at DTS (so we could save up a little for his future school) while he continues to interview for full-time church positions. We realized however (after praying for creativity - God answers prayer!) that if Rick went back to full time school this semester, we could knock out a chunk of the school he has left before (mostly before) the baby is born. Once Rick is done with school, his job search becomes much easier, so that is our goal, to get school done quickly. I wish I could explain all of the answered prayers that we have seen so far to get to this point. God is so good!
So ... we are planning now for Rick to enroll in full time school this semester, while still interviewing for full-time church positions. He is also interviewing now for part-time jobs where he can work around his school hours. The down side ... well, graduate students with a brand new baby are supposed to be broke, right? :) Just kidding! But school bills instead of working to save up money presents an obvious change of plans. We think it's worth it. Hopefully by December, Rick will only have ~25 hours to go to finish his Master's Degree (a whopping 120 hours total!)
If by December, Rick has found a full-time ministry position that we have prayed about and believe to be the right one, he will work there and finish school over the next 2 years (slowly). If by December, the Lord shuts the door on ministry positions, we will consider that guidance to continue with Rick's full time school, and he will finish in (hopefully) 1 year. For that decision, we are praying and waiting on direction.
If the Lord throws us a curve ball and completely changes everything we're thinking about, we're cool with that, too, because that seems to be the pattern lately. So ... usually I get very confused looks from people when I try to explain all that. Hope it makes sense!
While I'm at the blog, how about a 6 month belly pic? When I asked Rick to "take a belly pic", I didn't really mean ONLY my belly and chop off my head ... but ...



3 comments:
That is a beautiful picture. It is also nice to know what the plans are at this point. I was wondering how yall were going to work it out. That sounds like a good plan if the Lord allows. Love you.
You lost me in your explanation, but I know you guys have it together!! LOL! Don't you hate being such the planner...I wish I was just easy going and didn't have a care sometimes.
Your picture is precious! I can't wait to meet the little mister!
Why "ick" for the hair? You want it shorter or longer? Oh yeah! The bad haircut story that Rick had to fix. LOL. Yeah--your plans are very confusing. Basically, non-commital.
Post a Comment