Let me just take a second to say how INCREDIBLE our God is!!! Because the report last week was that I definitely needed a root canal, and would lose 80% of my tooth, and there was no looking back. The report this week however is completely different.
Last week Rick & I prayed together for my tooth, among other things. Rick kissed my cheek (where the tooth was) and prayed that the Lord would heal it, if that was His will, and we went about our business. I'm not entirely sure that either of us expected God to answer that prayer, which is hard to admit. But often, I think we pray for things, and assume that it's probably not God's will to answer. We know He can do it, we just don't always trust that He will, because sometimes He doesn't.
So today I went in to the doctor to get my root canal, and she did xrays, and ran tests, and said no root canal necessary. She said maybe the tooth regenerated the nerve, or maybe both dentists had it wrong, but I don't have anything there but a small cavity - and it's no big deal.
What do you do with that? We praise God for an answered prayer that saved us some time, and money, and hurt, and potential stress to the baby. We praise Him for answering a prayer that we didn't necessarily pray in faith. And honestly, we ask Him to forgive us, because in today's scientific, educated world - it's almost easier to believe that two dentists and 5 or so x-rays misdiagnosed me and sent me to a specialist for no reason, than to believe that the Lord heard a prayer and answered it. Why is it so hard to believe that He answers prayer sometimes? It shouldn't be!
So that is our AWESOME story for the day! Yea for a healed tooth (and no root canal!) Our God is truly amazing!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
He is truly amazing and it is nice to have stories like this one when we need a reminder. In addition, it is nice that you do not need to have a root canal.Love you.
Post a Comment