Some weeks, Fridays are more welcome than they even are usually. This has been one of those weeks. Not a bad week ... just a week that makes Friday a special relief. :)
One highlight of my week is that Rick bought me a stuffed camel. I LOVE CAMELS!!!! I think they have got to be one of the cutest animals anywhere. Unfortunately, stuffed animal makers don't seem to agree. But after years of searching, we finally found a stuffed camel. I am trying to find our digital camera to take a picture of him. Rick does not think he is blog worthy. I totally disagree. (It may be that Rick doesn't realize just how low of a standard I have for what makes it into the blog! Ha!)
This weekend we are going to finish packing, since we move in a week! And tomorrow, we are getting up really, really, REALLY early to go to a berry patch where we pick our own blue and black berries. In order to have packing time during the day, and to beat the crowd, I think we got there last year at 5 or so in the morning. I prefer never to see 5 in the morning on a weekend, but the berry picking is so fun, I'm willing to make an exception. It's much cheaper than buying at the store! And tons of fun. I'll take pictures!
In baby news, Beaner apparently does not like to sit still, ever. I can feel him moving around constantly. It is an amazing feeling, and some times it surprises me out of the normal routine to remember that I actually have a baby in there! Whoa! I'm just waiting for the day when he kicks and makes me jump in a meeting, and everyone wonders what is going on with me!
On a last note, Mother's Day and Father's Day really were special to me this year. I have been so blessed in my life to have amazing parents and grandparents. And now, maybe because I've just never thought about it before, I realize that they weren't just incredible parents who are super geniuses and know everything, but they were regular people like Rick & me, and somehow managed to end up being the greatest parents in the world. Now realizing how clueless Rick & I are about this whole thing, and how we just learn as we go, it seems like an even more amazing feat that my parents turned out to be who they are. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I've always known that I was blessed to have my parents, and that they are phenomenal and I love them more than I can express. But now I have an awe and respect for who they are that goes even beyond what I thought before. Thanks, Mom & Dad. Really, you guys are the greatest parents anyone can ever have. Love you!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You ARE the only person I know who loves stuffed camels! Please post pictures of the blueberry patch extravaganza!
Post a Comment