Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a Boy!

Well thankfully, Beaner cooperated and there is no doubt that we are having a boy! We are both so excited! Although every time I talk to a mother who has a little boy, she just smiles and says, "Ah yes, boys are fun ..." and I sense this feeling of excitement mixed with a hint of "Just wait until he starts catching frogs and storing them in your pantry" or something ...

But frogs or no frogs, we are thrilled! What's even more exciting, is that the doctor was able to check out just about everything on this little boy! I was absolutely amazed - we looked at the brain, the spine, the heart (all four chambers), measured the kidneys, checked to be sure his bladder is working, checked both hands (10 fingers), both feet (10 toes), his abdomen ... I mean it was crazy!! We were at a little bit higher than usual risk for neural tube defects due to my history of having a seizure in college (and being on medicine for awhile), but it looks like everything is perfectly healthy in that department. We feel very blessed and are excited beyond words!

How hard is it going to be not to buy some tiny little baby Nikes now???? Baby shoes are precious!

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend, whether you are celebrating the holiday or just hanging out for the weekend. Hooray for Friday!

Rick, Niki, and Beaner (to be Caleb once he joins us in November!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I knew it!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Rebekah said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers