Thursday, April 21, 2011

School News

Every day when I pick Caleb up from MDO, we look over everything he did that day, and I ask him to tell me all about his day. (When he's trying to stay up at night, too, he yells, "Wait! Mommy! Did you want to come tell me about school a-day?" Which means he wants to tell me about school.)

Prior to a month ago, he would usually tell me about the cars, the play ground, and whatever he ate for lunch. (which I packed, but he wanted to tell me about it anyway). Suddenly though, it seems we have had a shift in interests.

Me: Caleb, what did you do at school today?
Caleb: I played cars with Emma.

Me: Caleb, how was school today?
Caleb: Good! Emma had a phone!

Me: Caleb, how was school?
Caleb: Emma isn't here. Emma's Papa picked her up. Emma went to Emma's house with her Papa.


Hmmmm ... do you see the pattern I'm seeing? I'd say 90% of the time the last month, all Caleb has to say about school is that he rode tricycles and played cars with Emma.


And today ...
Me: Caleb, what did you do today at school?
Caleb: I shared a book with Emma.
Me (trying to keep conversation going): Oh, that sounds like fun. What book was it?
Caleb: The green Sesame Street book.
Me: What else did you do?
Caleb: Ate candy. (Easter Party) And read with Emma.



So, of course I scoped out Emma. Don't judge, I had to see who this was that Caleb talks about every Tuesday and Thursday. She is a precious little girl who talks almost as much as Caleb. I think the rest of the class may have ostracized both Caleb and Emma, because they are tired of hearing them talk incessantly, but that's just my guess. Maybe they just talk at each other all day.

Since he's made his first friend, I keep thinking about inviting her over to play. Every time she sees me, she says, "THERE'S CALEB'S MOMMY!" at the top of her lungs, which I thought might at least let me say hi to her Mom without her Mom wondering who I was. But so far, only her grandpa has picked her up, and I'm too embarassed to ask if she wants to come over and play with Caleb. Why do I feel like I'm in kindergarten again worrying about my first day of school? Ha!

My last opinion on school is this: who thinks it's a good idea to give a bunch of two year olds a bucket full of candy? I'm just asking!

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers