Monday, December 20, 2010

Surgery Tomorrow

So a quick note about surgery - tomorrow we will check into the hospital at 7:30 am, and hopefully later that same afternoon I will be leaving the hospital to come home after an easy surgery. If you think of us, pray for us! (1) That the surgery is easy with no complications. (2) That sweet Kerith girl has a sudden change of heart and LOVES her bottle that her Daddy will be giving her. (3) For an easy day for Granna, Hayley, and Caleb.

I've said this all month - surgery is like getting on a plane. You are reminded and aware of what is really always true: that I am dependent upon God for every breath I take. If it's time for Him to take me home, then He will. If He has more time planned for me on earth, then I will have it. If He desires for this surgery to fix all my health problems, it will. If He desires for me to have health problems to bring Him glory, then I will.

If He desires for Kerith to scream at the top of her lungs for 5 hours in the hospital, because she doesn't want a bottle, then it must be working for some good, like growing Rick's patience. Ha ha!

But knowing God is Sovereign and His will will be done isn't scary or depressing like it sometimes is made out to be. It is comforting and wonderful! Because of who He is. He loves my family more than I even do, so He will take care of them and of me. He will do what is best for His glory, and I'm thankful for it, even if sometimes it causes my sinful and selfish brain to worry about the "what if"s.

So here's to a quick surgery and a lot of yummy cherry jello afterwards!

Caleb and Kerith, I love you more than my heart can express. Know that God is good, in whatever He does. Know that I love you and treasure you and can't wait until a few weeks when the doctor allows me to lift you again. :) Rick, thank you for all you've done to make it possible for me to recover for awhile. I love you!

When next I blog, I will be singing my mom's praises for all the work she is about to do for my son. Until then ... I'm off to comfort a screaming baby who doesn't want a bottle, pack a hospital bag, and probably watch the lunar eclipse, because my plans to go to bed aren't working out, so why not stay up and party? Cookies and coffee anyone?

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers