Did you know that a newborn can shoot poop across the room? I did not either! But apparently, if I hold her hiney at just the right angle while I'm changing her diaper, and if she poops at just the right (or wrong, depending on whose side you're on) time, poop can shoot about 3 feet across the room. Unless of course, that poop stream is blocked by a large object, say ... a mom. In which case, the poop only goes 1 foot, but in all directions all over the mom. Good to know!
So skip back a month to July 4th, which I don't think I ever got to blog about! My family came into town, and for the 4th they took us to a Rangers game! When they called and asked if I wanted to go ... I was really hesitant. I had this picture in my head of me, 7.5 months pregnant, chasing Caleb up and down the stadium stairs until I passed out from heat exhaustion. But I also figured this would be the last game we got to go to for a while since we were about to have a newborn, and I decided we'd take a chance on it.
I am SO glad that we went! I was completely wrong about Caleb - he was absolutely wonderful. He sat the entire game in between Rick and me, and he loved it! Dad bought him a rangers shirt and hat, which he also loved, and Rick explained quite a bit of the game to him. He loved the fireworks that went off at each home run, and of course after the game we got to watch a huge fireworks display. The Rangers ended up losing, but that was okay. They almost came back to tie the game, which I was cheering AGAINST (so shoot me). Caleb was great for 9 innings, but I wasn't ready to chance a few extra innings!
Here is Rick talking to Caleb about the game.
line break
We had a family in front of us who Caleb liked to talk to!
line break
line break
After the game, during the fireworks, Caleb wasn't quite sure what to think at first. But he grabbed Rick's hand and pulled it down on his own tummy (so Rick was holding him tight), and as long as Rick didn't try to let go, he was okay. He talked about the red fireworks and the green fireworks for weeks afterwards! "Go Coach's car, see fireworks???"
A random picture of Caleb at the Brownlees while we were in labor (the first time). Baron is reading Caleb a book before bedtime.
line break
And now catching up to last week - Kerith's 2 week picture! My friend Jill did this with her little girl Abby (taking a picture with a stuffed animal and a sign with her age). This is not very fancy, because I wanted to get it done quickly, but I'm going to try to make a nice official sign next time. I think it's a great idea!
And for Kerith's 2 week Dr. appointment: 20 3/8 inches, 7.7 lbs. The doctor said she's gaining 2 ounces a day (they are hoping for at least a half ounce a day, so she's doing great!) And he decided just to put her on a regular growth chart and schedule - no preemie stuff for us! As the doc said, "Not bad for a NICU grad!" Keep growing little girl! Thank You, Lord, for a good eater and sleeper!!








1 comment:
I just used an 8x10 picture frame and taped my sign it in. As Abby got older she would start pulling it off, but it worked in the beg and looked 'fancier' than it really was. :)
Post a Comment