So I did, and they came and went throughout the day but calmed down enough to not have to go to the hospital. Until about 5:00 - when I suddenly had 12 in an hour. And they hurt! They were 5 minutes apart and lasting 2 minutes each ... and they just kept going! Since Caleb was a surprise c-section, this is all new to us. Rick and I looked at each other and said, okay then, I guess we're going to the hospital!
We loaded up Caleb to take him to a friend's house, got a little way down the road, and Rick realized he forgot something. So we turned around, went back to the house, left for a second time ... and our car's air compressor literally blew up in the middle of the road! Surrounded by acrid smelling smoke, I watched parts fly off of our car in the rear view mirror into a neighbor's yard! Rick said, "Yep, this is definitely a baby-having sort of day developing!" So Rick got out to search for our missing car pieces. Caleb was in the back seat yelling, "Come on Daddy! Let's go to the Brownlees!" (which is where we were taking him). When Rick found the car parts, he said they looked important, so we went BACK to the house again, loaded up (illegally - with no car seat) into Rick's truck, and headed out yet again.
To shorten the rest of the story, about 11:30 pm they gave me a third shot of tributaline and said, "If this doesn't work, then we may be having a baby!" At 34 weeks though, we were not really wanting baby girl to come meet the world just yet. The contractions slowed down, I dialated just a tiny bit but stopped there, and they sent us home, telling me to stay on bed rest and stay hydrated. They don't believe me that I'm drinking a gallon of water a day at least, but I swear I am!
Wednesday, I couldn't get above a semi-reclined position without starting the contractions up again. But thankfully I put my back out (doing basically nothing) and had to go to a pregnancy chiropractor after our doctor appointment. It was very painful but ended up being a good thing, because she fixed my back AND said that sometimes causes pre-term labor. Over the last few days, granted I'm staying off my feet all day, but my back is getting better and the contractions are, too. I even got to go to church today (I just sat the whole time).
We are 35 weeks now, and if it happens again, they won't stop us this time. I can't believe it's almost time! Hayley is staying with us for a week to help keep me off my feet. (Thank you, Hayley!!!)
In the meantime, Caleb thinks all this juggling between families in the church is great fun. He's loving being shuffled around as we go to doctors and sonographers and everything else! This pictures are almost a month old, but I'm always playing catch up!
Caleb showing me a particular car he likes.


I tried to get his new favorite line on tape - "Lightening McQueen, Kachow!"
Okay baby girl, just give us a few more days, then the doctors say you can come on!





1 comment:
She will totally be here before you know it!!! YAY
Post a Comment