And what is a bigger change to a 3.5 month old than switching out his passy? Caleb and his green passy from the hospital were best buds.
So why the switch? Well, at 3 months old, we're supposed to upgrade to the yellow passy. It's about the same, but the rubber is stiffer and thicker - for the upcoming teeth I'm sure. It looks the same, it smells the same, you would think that switching would be no big deal. NOT SO, says Caleb. What the heck is this thing? THIS is not my passy!

He only sucks on it for about 5 sucks, and then PATOOEY (as Bugs Bunny used to say), spits it out. I had to snap this picture quick!
I'm not sleepy, I'm not sleepy ...
OK, I'm sleepy.
Here's a little yellow-passy-ear. He may not like to suck on it, but he still gets it stuck in weird places!

Disclaimer: I know everybody spells it paci, which makes sense because it's short for pacifier, but I've always spelled it passy since my brother was tiny, and it just stuck!
I'm beginning to see why everyone says parents are more laid back with baby #2. Now ... I am going to pat myself on the back, because I've had lots of people tell me I'm a laid back mother. I am SO prone to paranoia and worrying, that I am going to take credit for working HARD not to be worried all the time. I think it's better for Caleb if I chill out.
However ... last night Caleb suddenly started coughing. I mean, a croupey, chesty cough. It was awful. So of course, I was worried. We were getting ready for bed, and Rick observed my calm collected self ... and asked if I wanted him to stay up with Caleb to be sure he slept okay and kept breathing. Naturally, I said sure! So Rick stayed up from midnight to 3, and I stayed up from 3-4:30 (just sitting there, staring at him). Then from 4:30 - 6:30 I set my alarm and slept in short intervals so that I could check on him every 15 minutes or so.
Today, thankfully, was Caleb's four month check up, so Rick was already taking him to the doctor at 9 this morning. I waited at my computer at work, TOTALLY impatiently by the phone to hear what we were going to do for his cough...
The doctor said, No biggie. Just a cough. His lungs are pristine, he just has something in his airway. He'll clear it out.
Rick did not yell at me for making him stay up half the night. And I think he didn't even tell on me to the pediatrician, which is good. But seriously, if we're blessed with another child, and he or she gets a cough ... maybe I won't stay up all night staring at him or her. (then again, maybe I will!)






3 comments:
He doesn't like the yellow passy? How strange. Hope he starts to like it. Love y'all
Aunt Hayley
When Sam had his first cold, I got stuck with the not-so-compassionate old (and I mean old) school doctor. He said, "Oh, he just has a cold. There is nothing we can do. It just needs to work itself out." So, I took that to heart and when the boys are sick I just say, "It's a waste of a copay to have them tell me that again." so I only take them if I start to get paranoid about the symptoms. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I took David for a suspicious fever (thinking I would hear "It's only a cold") it was an ear infection! Don't worry about getting too laid back, just trust your instincts!
He doesn't think yellow is his color!
Post a Comment