Thursday, January 15, 2009

Because of Caleb's eating schedule this morning, I was going to get to sleep in until 6:30. Instead, I was rudely awakened at 6 am by a FIRE ANT, biting my NECK! WHAT?!?! How does an ant get in my bed anyway? It was HUGE. Of course, it had to be big, because apparently this ant thought he was going to paralyze me and carry me back to his house for breakfast. Good luck, buddy.

The ant met with an untimely death by fingernailing. Gross. Ants.

It looks like everything is in order with the house that we're looking to buy! Whoa! Here is a picture of the front of the house (from the listing). We need to take some pictures ourselves that will show it better.





I have to mention that one of the few changes we want to make is to take out the chain link fence in the front. It doesn't look very inviting with the fence up! But we really like the house. I was telling my Jessica the other day, when we first saw this picture, we were afraid of the pink-ness. In person (can you see a house "in person"?), the house is much less pink. We're so excited! It's got a GREAT back yard, and the inside is warm and cozy. It may be our new home come next Monday!

All day I have felt like there are ants on me. That's what that ant did to me, he made me paranoid! I'm going to have to take my bed apart tonight! Yuck. Fire ants.

This week at work has been "Diversity Week". Each day a group of people hosts a lunch, including festivities like dancing, etc. Monday was African American day. Great food, and some great singing! Tuesday was Asian day. The food was a little scary for me, because they did some "on the edge" stuff, but the dresses were so beautiful and their history is so rich. Wednesday was Women's Day. We did "Meals on Heels", which was an assortment of crock pot dishes and desserts. I made some cookies that were healthy, but pretty nasty actually. We had some ladies dress up as Tina Turner and her dancers, and they did a GREAT rendition of "Rollin' on the River". Today was Mexican / Latino Day. I've eaten my weight in cinnamon chips. Too bad I can't have some of that Tres Leches cake. Yummy!

Tomorrow is New Hire Day, where we get to see the 21 year old Rookies make fools of themselves doing skits. Ahh, the good old days. I think at my first job, I dressed up as a turkey one year for a Thanksgiving skit. It should be a good end to the week!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so glad to hear about the house.That's so exciting! Love you.
Aunt Hayley

Jill said...

Love the house, I can't wait to come visit!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers