
The Living Situation
Well, this post started out (weeks ago) as me rambling about how crazy it was that Rick and I were thinking of getting a house instead of an apartment when we move to Weatherford. We really never even considered trying to purchase a house … until my Dad mentioned that it was going to be much easier to do so right now as opposed to 6 months or a year. So suddenly we thought, ok, we’ll give it a try. Last time we went house looking, the Lord closed door after door and we ended up deciding it was not to be. (Thank goodness! Otherwise we’d be trying to sell a house in Denton right now that we had only been in for 2 years!)
A few weeks later and now I’m finally finishing the post, and our fear of commitment to a house has turned into a CONTRACT on a house!! We found a place we love, in Peaster, TX, (although it might be a Weatherford address), and we’ve put down an offer, and after negotiation the seller has accepted! Now we’ve got inspections and all that to do. C R A Z Y!!!!
A few weeks later and now I’m finally finishing the post, and our fear of commitment to a house has turned into a CONTRACT on a house!! We found a place we love, in Peaster, TX, (although it might be a Weatherford address), and we’ve put down an offer, and after negotiation the seller has accepted! Now we’ve got inspections and all that to do. C R A Z Y!!!!
The house is SO cute. We looked at 3 houses very seriously, two of which were modern and up to date and one of which is a little older and has less updates but lots more character. (the third one was our choice) It’s out on some land – lots of room for a garden and for Caleb to run and play some day. I’m so excited about it!
So at the end of January we'll move somewhere ... hopefully to this house once everything works out just right!
Happy New Year’s!
On January 1, we went to Decatur to celebrate our Christmas with Rick’s family. We had a blast! Caleb was all smiles and thoroughly enjoyed himself! It’s hard to believe that the Christmas 2008 season is over and we’re in to 2009. Wow. I have great pictures of the day, but I don't have them with me. I'll post them soon!
Speaking of Christmas 2008 though … guess what we got? I know, I know, nobody likes the guy who tells about all of his Christmas presents. But wait, this is exciting.
Oops, how did the picture of my really cute pink running watch get in there? The watch that does splits for me so I don’t have to check my watch constantly to see how far I’ve been running and how much further I have to go? Just kidding. Thank you Rick!!! But that’s not what I was talking about …
We got a video camera!!! Now, I've seen what we've done with a regular camera (and this blog is evidence of it). We have so many pictures of Caleb we could wallpaper the living room in them. But NOW we have a video camera, too!! We’ve been taping everything … Caleb giggling, Caleb hitting his toys, Caleb picking his nose … okay, we’ve been taping everything Caleb. It has been so much fun, and he hasn’t really even done anything noteworthy yet! Just wait til we get his first words and first steps!
*** Warning - this is not the actual camera, but a representation of a video camera. ***
And this is how Caleb and I feel about today ... my first day back at work. I consider it a PHENOMINAL success that I am typing about Caleb and looking at his pictures without bawling at my desk. Thank you, thank you, *bow*, I am emotionally stable. Sorta. : ) MISS YOU CALEB! I'll be home soon! (Miss you too, Rick!)





2 comments:
Where are the videos made by that handy dandy new camera?!
I am so excited about your new house! Send pictures when you can!!
Congratulations on the house! How exciting! Can't wait to see photos.
Post a Comment