Thursday, December 11, 2008

Me, Minus a Gallbladder

Surgery is done, and I made it! I was planning to blog last night before I went in for surgery this morning, but I had a gallbladder attack! Not a fun night! Amazing that I haven't had any trouble until the night before I was getting it removed. Thank you, Lord for not allowing it to hurt like that all during the pregnancy!


I got up to the hospital room this morning to wait on the nurse to take me down to the OR, and I was pretty sure I was going to try to make a break for it the minute she came in to wheel me away. I was so nervous! Turns out, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. (The anticipation is always the worst, isn't it?)

I am amazed at how little I remember from the surgery. This was my first time to "go under", so the anesthesiologist came in to the prep area and talked to me awhile. My Jessica, who is THE BOMB, came with me and was by my side the entire time. (Rick had missed so much school taking care of Caleb and me in October, there was no way he could miss school yesterday to be at the hospital.) It's amazing how comforting it was, when I was nervous and unsure about everything, to have someone there who I love and trust and am totally comfortable with. She was an awesome (and hilarious) nurse. Thank you, J!!




Back to the anesthesiologist. He came in, talked to us, and told us it would take about 30 minutes before they began the surgery, and hour for it, and then some time afterwards for me to wake up. So it was time for Jessica to head out to the waiting room, and we said goodbye, and the anesthesiologist said it was time to get started, then ... I woke up in recovery! I figured I would be up for the next 30 minutes while they prepped me, but no way. I was out! I woke up in recovery with a sore throat and realized through the blurriness that we must be done, since my throat hurt from having a tube down it. I'm just blown away by the missing 4(ish) hours from my day!

Apparently the surgery took longer than expected, because my gallbladder was pretty darn nasty. I'll skip the gross details, but I think the doctor told Jessica something about 30-40 gallstones. Seriously? Yuck! I'm so thankful to have that out of the way. Thank you everyone who prayed!!



I'm all about cherry jello today, and then baby stepping back to a regular diet starting tomorrow. Yea! I also have to say thank you to Rick's mom and sister, because they kept Caleb all day. I can't believe I was away from him all day! I'm so glad I didn't have to worry that he was in good hands!




After being up all last night, and asleep most of today, my days and nights are totally mixed up! Maybe Caleb and I will party hard tonight since his days and nights seem to be switched around, too. :)





Let's throw in some pictures for fun!







Foxy!










Somebody put some clothes on that kid!




By the way, we had our 2 month doctor's appointment last week. Guess who weighs 11.5 lbs! Chunky little man! He's up to the 50% percentile in everything (weight, height, head circ), and is still climbing! He also got LOTS of shots, poor little man, but as usual he was very brave. Some hugs, a long nap, and some grape tylenol later, and we were all better!

Hooray for pain medicine ... I'm off to get some sleep! Or to party with Caleb if the sleep just won't happen!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I am so thankful that everything went ok. Hope you get to feeling better. See you soon. Love y'all.
Aunt Hayley

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers