Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home, Too

Is it just me, or is it hard to control holiday weight gain?





As you can see, we now have one chubby kiddo on our hands! He actually has fat rolls on his legs and arms!

Caleb with his Great Grandpa, Pau Pau



Caleb with his Great Grandma, Nana

We're back in Plano now, and Caleb is missing all the attention he was getting from his grandparents, great grandparents, and aunt and uncle! It was so much fun to be at home with the fam and to have Caleb there! My dad said it best - it's just like he's always been a part of the family.




Caleb with his Great Grandma, Georgie

And speaking of being "home", I realized there are always going to be two "homes" for me. Wherever Rick and I, and now Caleb, live is obviously "home". But wherever my Dad and Mom, and right now my brother and sister, live is also "home". I would have thought that ten years after I moved out of the house to go to college, it wouldn't feel so natural and comfortable to be spending two weeks with my family. But in fact, it was warm and cozy, just like being "home"! What a blessing!


Caleb with his Grandad, "Coach"

Mom and Hayley made great nurse maids, and Mom survived getting up to tend to Caleb in the middle of the night when I couldn't lift him. Now I'm fully recovered and feeling good ... and back to changing diapers and all that comes with being healthy!



Caleb with his Aunt, Hayley


Caleb with his Grandparents, Coach and Grandmom (for now ... we're still working on a Grandmom name)

The last few weeks, Caleb has started to really smile in response to us, and also to scream when he's unhappy about a diaper or air bubble! His expressions are so much fun, and he's really starting to focus on us and interact. It's a blast! Rick can make faces at him and make him giggle just about any time he wants ... unless Caleb is hungry enough not to be distracted from hunger pains!



Would you believe I've been mostly nice this year? (and just a little naughty?)



No? You wouldn't believe that?

Can I have presents anyway?



It's good to be "home" in Plano ... but it's Tuesday, and next Monday I go back to work and have to leave the little one all day long. I think I'm going to passout from heartache. Okay, maybe that's a little melodramatic ... but I'm pretty sure I'm at least going to cry myself to sleep a few nights! I'm going to try not to think about it until much later in the week ... but I'm also not putting Caleb down much this week!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I can't believe it's almost 2009!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love all the pictures!

Jill said...

Here are my suggestions on his name for your mom: Grammer, Gram, Mawmawlou, Gramalou, Grammy. Let me know if you need more.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers