Little Caleb has been having serious gas, reflux, and some other not-so-pleasant issues (I'll spare you). So our pediatrician suggested that we switch to formula for 48 hours to see if something in my diet was causing the problem. Caleb no likey the formula. His little tummy said NO THANKS, and added an exclamation point as Rick burped him and he shot formula across the room, in the direction of Rick's nightstand (books, school notes, coffee mug, etc). We nixed the formula. Now we are going 48 hours on soy formula - so Caleb is quite the formula snob! We think he may have an intolerance to milk proteins, so no more dairy for me. Once I've got all dairy out of my system, we'll try breast feeding again.
So ... no fat (well, low fat), no dairy ... what is this kid trying to do to me??? Just kidding!
We also went to the hospital to do some tests to be sure everything was in order, and nothing weird was causing the reflux. No problems there, we're all structurally intact. Caleb didn't seem to mind the tests, but once again, trauma for mom. It's tough to see him strapped down to a bed underneath an xray machine! He, on the other hand, I think felt swaddled and was perfectly happy!
So I mentioned that he's starting to do some really fun things! One is that he has developed a "pay attention to me" cry! He'll let out a little yelp, look around to see if anyone noticed, and do it again (and again and again) until we play with him. It goes something like this (these were from different occasions, but you get the idea):
Yelp and kick my legs ...

Look around to see who is available to notice me and play with me...

Eventually sucker mom and dad into doing their work with me in tow... happy as can be!

Conga line anyone?

The next really fun thing he's doing is holding up his head! I didn't think at 7 weeks, he was supposed to be doing this, but he really likes to be able to see us, so if we put him on our shoulder, he pulls up his head!

The picture above shows another fun thing he's doing. He is obsessed with daddy's beard. After this picture we took the socks off his hands and let him play. He'll sweep his hand across Rick's beard over and over, sometimes stopping to open and close his fingers in it! Then he'll get all wiggly and excited, like he's just loving the texture, and he'll just keep playing with it! It's hillarious! He swept his hand across my chin a time or two, but finding nothing of interest, he doesn't do it to me anymore!
He has also started playing with things that we put in front of him. We can't really "play" with him yet, but it's fun to see him start interacting with things!
This is me in my new swing that my friends, the Wises, gave me. I love it! This picture caught me right after a big yawn.

I'm headed to AT&T to go upgrade my phone - my two year upgrade is upon us! I'm having a tough time deciding if I want a pretty phone, or one that plays music that I can run with, or what. We'll see! Exciting!


2 comments:
Caleb is growing up so fast. It is so much fun to see what new things he is learning. See you soon. Love you.
Aunt Hayley
too cute! our kids could be brother and sister they look so much alike.
Post a Comment