I am loving this weather! The colder, the better. I can't believe I still have to wait two more months to start running again though. I know Rick is really tired of hearing me say, "This is perfect running weather! I'm missing the best running weather of the season!" At least we have been able to start going on walks! As soon as I can run again, which will probably be January, I think I'm going to start training for a half marathon. Hold me to it. I think I probably will not run another marathon - it was fun, but it's pretty hard on the body. At least, it was hard on MY body!
Along with the cold, I am also loving taking back up my old addiction to coffee. Now, it's not really an addiction, because it's caffeine free these days (mostly). Decaf coffee and caffeine free Dr. Pepper - two staples!
Gas
The last week has been pretty frustrating, because little Caleb has a very unhappy tummy. We hear that colic means babies cry all day, so I guess it's not colic. It's either gas, or reflux, or both, but it means that in order to be comfortable, he has to be head up when he sleeps. Which means, we have to be holding him. Sometimes the car seat works, sometimes not. Holding him is so much fun, but I can't sleep when he sleeps if I'm holding him when he sleeps! The result - Mom is way over exhausted right now. I'm going to see what I can do about that today - muchas naps, here I come.
I have my 6 week follow up with the doc today, and I just can't believe it has been 6 weeks! Even when things are frustrating and tired, I start to think about how sweet this time has been to spend all day with Caleb, and how it may be a long time before I get to do that again. What a blessing to be able to stay home and love on him all day!
Then and Now
Six weeks old, it's just unbelievable. He now fits in all newborn outfits, and no preemie outfits!
I tried to find some good comparison pictures from his first week to now!


Wow! You are getting so big, Caleb!
Okay, so we have a parental confession to make. Maybe it's just us, but sometimes, when the baby has kept you up ALL night long. And sometimes, when he just can't be consoled at all. Sometimes, instead of feeding him right when he tells you he's hungry, you have to take 5 minute to mess with him and record his frustration for a good giggle. And then feed him, of course.
Rick captured it all - the (1) deep throat "I'm hungry" cry (2) the serious passy sucking (3) the ear pulling and cheek grabbing (4) what we call the "shark", which is this fast back and forth motion he makes with his head when he thinks he's really hungry and is going for the passy, breast, or bottle. Now before we seem really cruel - he wakes up like this. It's not like we ignored him and took too long to feed him. He wakes up 2 hours after eating 5 ounces and thinks he is this hungry. The kiddo can still eat like crazy!
(PS, the pediatrician says he'll keep up his insane eating habits until he catches up with his growth percentage that he would have had if he weren't born preemie)
Amidst the little bit of frustration this week though, Caleb has done some really cool new stuff. That's for the next blog!




No comments:
Post a Comment