Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yesterday, November 11, was my(Niki's) Dad's birthday!





HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! I've said it many times before, but my Dad and Mom were amazing parents, and I constantly thank the Lord for the family He gave me. I love you, Dad!





Caleb and I made him a card and included some pictures of the little guy in his SMU outfit that my Dad bought him. He has a few more precious SMU Pony outfits, but he's not quite big enough for them yet!












Go Ponies!










I know this is partly due to the camera perspective, but look at those HUGE feet!!








Ok, this outfit says "My First St. Patrick's Day", but we're wearing it in November anyway. It's precious, and it has little furry froggys on it!











Fresh out of the shower, and crashed out with the little one on my chest. No, I don't normally sleep with him sleeping on me - I know it's not safe. This time, he would not stop crying unless I held him, and Rick was up studying, so Caleb and I fell asleep while Rick agreed to keep an eye on us and be sure Caleb stayed safe!









Wide awake! This is one of mom's favorite outfits for Caleb - my mom and sister brought it to him from Hawaii, and it's really soft and nice and long. I was going to take pictures of him in it right after this picture ... but then he spit up all over it, so it had to take a trip through the wash first!











This is how we're spending most of our day - in a onesie, bib, blanket, and nearby burp rag. All spit up protection. At least this way, mom gets spit up on, but Caleb doesn't. And mom's outfit is much easier to change than Caleb's!

Sometimes when gas is a serious problem, Caleb naps in the car seat while mom sits nearby and blogs or does house work!



I have to take a minute to say THANK YOU to our friends and church, who have brought us breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and are making my life SO much easier! : ) And the food is fantastic!!! Thank you so much for blessing us incredibly with the food you have brought. We are really enjoying it, and it's a huge help to me!
In health news, looks like gallbladder surgery is scheduled for December 11th. Good times! : ) But it puts me one step closer to those cheese enchiladas ... which the surgeon says I can eat after the 2 week recovery period. Yes, I asked the surgeon when I could eat cheese enchiladas. Did you think I was kidding about craving those for the past 10 months???

2 comments:

Hayley said...

He is just so precious. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to show us pictures and give us updates.Love you and hope to see you soon.
Aunt Hayley

Jessica said...

Mustang fan already! Love his feet and sneakers, too cute!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers