Monday, November 7, 2011

Kerith ~ 15 Months, Caleb ~ 3 Years

It has been so long since I blogged a personality blog for you kiddos, and I love to look back on those and see things I have forgotten! Here is a quick blog for our October 2011!


Sweet Kerith Girl,


You are blossoming into a precious, funny, and opinionated little girl! You LOVE to dance! Any time music comes on, you break into a bouncing, dancing flurry. You have created some dances of your own (like our favorite, the Kerith signature dance, where you move only your left arm in circles as you bounce up and down and swing your hips from side to side). Any time you see Mickey Mouse, you yell "MOUSE!" and then "DOG!" (from the "Hot Dog" dance Mickey does) and you start humming and dancing. You also say "song" and dance ("dan"), and you request certain songs like "star" (twinkle, twinkle) and "fix it" (Bob the Builder). Yes, you are clearly influenced by the things your brother loves! You have no real desire to learn your letters right now, but you do love to sing them. Every time I point out a letter, you start dancing and singing "A B C B, B B B ... " (everything always goes back to dancing).

You are veeerrrrry clingy to Mommy these days, which Caleb was at this age (I just read in old blogs), so it's either the age or the weaning process. You say "down" (which means up) constantly, all day. I have found relief by offering you crackers. (bribery by graham cracker) Then of course, you demand "cracka cracka craka" for the next half hour until I finally refuse to give you more.


Your other favorite things to do are take baths, climb into brother's bed to play, and hug your stuffed animals tight. You LOVE stuffed animals, and say "mmm MMMM" when you hug them, like you're hugging with all your might. You are eating everything in sight right now, which is wonderful. The only thing I've found that you won't eat is cous cous.



You've moved on from pointing out our noses, eyes, ears, etc. to finding them in other places. Yesterday on the way to church, I heard you in the back seat saying, "EYE! NOSE! CHEEK! EYE!". I looked back to find you pointing them out on Caleb's Thomas the Train. It's hard to tell what other words you know, because you will never say them for us when we ask! I was counting to 10 with Caleb the other day, and you started filling in numbers! Three .... Five .... Eight ... Nine ... where did you learn that?? You will at least give us animal sounds when we ask : cow, horse, cat, monkey, bee, dog, and sometimes sheep. Every time you neigh, you have to shake your head. Every time you moo, you have to throw your head back. Every time you meow, you have to purse your lips up. And if anybody says fish, you make a fish face, which I guess is the "sound" they make! You are very expressive with your entire body. You are also extremely physical. You'll climb anything (and go head first off of anything you climb). You have no fear of tackling the highest ladder and slide. You're as daring in the Chik Fil A inside play ground as the 5 year olds who are playing around you.

Your sweet smile and giggle are precious to us, and you laugh and dance easily. You also LOVE to yell "No" and "Don't" at your brother, which upsets him to no end. You love him though, laughing any time he laughs and copying anything you see him do. You are a family girl, preferring us to anybody else. And right now, in your pink "Mo" (Elmo) pajamas crashed out on your tummy with your hiney in the air, you're just the sweetest little girl I've ever seen. We love you little frog princess!



Little Caleb Man,


You are 3! ("No more diapers!" is your motto after anyone mentions that you're 3). And potty training is going great, by the way. Except that your major potty trip seems to happen every morning at 6:45 am, and that's a little early for me, but I'll adjust. You continue to amaze us with your grown up words and your memory. This week you talked on the phone for the first time, actually asking to call someone and holding it up to your ear while having a conversation. My favorite things you say right now are, "Have a nice week!" to anyone when you leave, "You're my favorite girl in the whole world!", and "Mom, this is very frustrating. I need a little help with this." Oh, and "Mommy! The poop is coming!" You are starting to read, and you like to count words and syllables. I'm not sure why, ha. You are REALLY into "being helpful" right now, helping out in the kitchen or anywhere I'll let you. You love to help me stir the jello, insisting that you use the "widdle wisk" while I use the big one. When Kerith gets fussy, you sing her "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to make her smile. Last Sunday, you belted out "Mighty to Save" with me - every word!! It is one of the most precious memories I have of you yet, singing out with the whole church. I loved it.



I owe you a 3 year old post, so that's all for this blog. More to come to celebrate you turning 3!!



Love you both,

Mommy

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers