Thursday, June 23, 2011

Goodbye Internet

We are getting rid of the internet at home, which is going to make blogging very difficult. I'm going to try to go into town and use a wi-fi hub occasionally but ... no promises at this point! I may have to buy an actual baby book.




But an update before we taper off for awhile!




Kerith, you are 11 months old, and VERY tall! You still only army crawl, unless you're going over a rug. Then you seem to think you need to get up on all fours to get over the rug, and once you're on it, you plop back down to your tummy. You are pulling up on everything, though, and you're actually very stable on your feet! This is your new favorite trick:






climbing up into big brother's chair!


























You now know what's happening when I aim the camera at you, so you squint your eyes!





















I'm constantly trying to find things to give you to eat that you can pick up. Since you have no teeth, it's not easy!! I individually took each husk off these peas in the picture ... it's time consuming! ha!






You say mama (sometimes on purpose), dada (definitely on purpose), hi, and whoa! You say whoa constantly. We've heard an "up" or two and an "uh oh" to tell us you're about to throw something down. I think your next words might be ball and car, because after all, you're surrounded by them.






Your new favorite thing is to read! Confession - I've been a terrible reader to you so far. We rarely sit still long enough. But I'm really trying to make time to read to you, and you LOVE it. You smile, and point to things in the book, and flap your arms in excitement.






You still love avocado, nursing, and any food I throw at you. You make faces at peaches and bananas still, but you'll eat it. You have yet to turn anything down, which is great for me! You're not a huge fan of drinking from a cup, but I keep trying!
























You love the bath, love your brother, and HATE having things taken away. You are such a happy baby, as everyone comments, but OH MY that temper!






You are still a wonderful sleeper, 10-12 hours a night. Love that! You giggle and smile easily, and you're tons of fun to play with. And kiss - your cheeks are irresistable, and if we ask for a kissy, you give them freely! (with a slobery tongue stuck out to lick our faces most of the time!)



This is a picture of the face you make that we see most often. It's a perfect summary of you. We love you precious girl!

























Don't worry, I had just put the groceries on the floor coming in from the car, and I picked them up immediately. I promise I don't leave plastic lying around!






Caleb, you are 2 and 3/4 almost, and you crack us up. The way your brain connects thoughts and ideas constantly amazes us. This morning I asked what you wanted for breakfast, and you said you wanted to watch a movie. I explained that we were not going to watch TV but that you needed to eat, and you said, "Mommy, can I just trade a movie for the food?" As usual, I had to quit laughing before I told you no.

I took your trains away for 5 minutes the other day (for not sharing), and you just said, "Ok!" and made trains out of the nearest things - blocks.























You make EVERYTHING into a car or train. Coach bought you some lincoln logs and in 5 minutes - you made cars out of lincoln logs!

You are picking out your own clothes, which is hillarious. You wear your Texas Rangers hat nearly every day. You have your Daddy's preferences though - I often find you in a red shirt, red shorts, and a red hat. "They match!" you tell me.





































The other day, you flipped over your space ship and explained that it needed new tires, and so you were going to change them.


















And by the way, when "Here I am to Worship" comes on the radio, you say, "Is this Here I am to My Space Ship?"









You are sounding out letters and trying to put words together. I keep thinking you may start reading any day. You are always asking for explanations, and every time I think I've come up with one to make you think awhile, you always prove me wrong and understand it quickly. How am I going to keep up with you??








You are a sweet, caring boy. You are definitely developing a personal opinion of your own on EVERYTHING, and you love to order people around. I don't think you actually like the commanding, I think you just like everything to be "just right" (according to you). So it is not unusual to hear you say, "Daddy, come here and put this track here. Mommy, can you drive James and Percy in this correction (your word for direction). Kerith, stop saying Ba ba ba ba, because I am the louder boy, and you are the quieter girl." Oh dear!








We love you so much and enjoy getting to know you more and more as you get older. You are a people person for sure, with a memory that is incredible! I love to watch you tell stories to people that you remember about them as they marvel that you remember them!


Here is a perfect "Caleb face":






















You just gave me this face again as you told me that you are the Mommy and I am the Caleb. Hmmmm ...



Play time with Caleb and Daddy - "building a track and a city" Caleb says.













































Typical play time with Daddy and Miss Kerith.































Typical brother-sister play time. Caleb being silly and Kerith laughing!






















You found some chop sticks and asked me what they were for. I told you that people in other parts of the world eat with them. So ... you did, too.
























Another part of your wardrobe now that you like to pick it out - rain boots!




























Love you both to pieces! Bye for now!







No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers