He's done some funny things this month that Rick encouraged me to record, so I'm trying to remember those! I know one night it was his prayer that had us laughing. Each night before he goes to bed, we sing a few songs and pray (which he calls "talk to God"). Usually we'll spend some time thanking God for things, and he always thanks God for Daddy, and then for whatever things are the freshest on his mind. If we went to the park, he'll thank God for going up the stairs and the purple slide, things like that. One Sunday, after playing with some shape toys in Sunday School, I said, "And thank you, God, for ..." and Caleb filled in, "the blue hexagon!" He said it about four times, and then named every color and shape he had played with that day. I guess we can thank God for hexagons if we want to!
One day he thanked God that Daddy went down the slide with him. He has been very into Daddy this month so far. His main goal in life seems to be to get up in Daddy's truck to "turn the wheel." He also turns on the music (VERY loud) and the windshield wipers if he can beat Daddy to it. I hear all day, "Go see Daddy? Daddy go to work. Daddy go in Daddy's truck. Go see Daddy's truck?" Whenever we happen to see Rick out in town, or if we meet him somewhere, Caleb giggles and jumps around in his car seat yelling "FOLLOW DADDY'S TRUCK!"
He is still loving the blue slide car garage. He always has to line up his cars in a straight line before he starts.

The other day, he took everything out of his toy bin (which you can see to the left), so he could remove the bottom of it and put his red car in the middle square. Then he ran off to play with other stuff. What in the world goes through that little brain???

My child, the organizer. Caleb informed me, "It says stop." Now that he knows what a stop sign says, everything says "stop"!

My son has also started speaking Spanish. Well, not really. But instead of "and", he says "y" (sounds like the ee in bee). So here, he was saying, "Mommy's shoe y Daddy's shoe!"

He is very helpful to Daddy in the garden ... especially if we can get him to quit walking on the plants.
Speaking of the garden, I love home grown lettuce! If anyone has kale recipes, please pass them on, too.

Caleb and Daddy - the blues brothers?

Here is something that never happens at our house. Caleb actually cried for so long at bed time that I got him out of bed to use the nose sucker on him to clear his nose out. He was so dadgum cute, we let him stay up with us. Amazingly, he has gone to bed peacefully ever since. Thank goodness we didn't start a recurring bad habit - but look at that face!
If I look pitiful, can I stay up? He snuggled up next to Daddy on the couch, and we lost the battle.

Right now our small group is going on, but Caleb and I are playing in a separate room so we don't distract anyone. Unfortunately, we're at a school, and the computers in here don't allow any game sites. Rats! I was looking forward to some solitaire! Instead, I'm updating the blog and reading the same three books over and over. :)
More when I'm in the blogging mood ...




No comments:
Post a Comment