Thursday, February 25, 2010

SNOW!

Around February 12th (I think) we got more snow than I have EVER seen in Texas! It was so beautiful! Yay for snow days!

Around Peaster, several of our friends said they measured 15 inches. I think we got at least 12, if not more!


Our road was semi-travellable. This was towards the end of the day:




It snowed all day long!




Random picture of Caleb and his Elmo backpack. He's so excited to have a backpack like Daddy does.





Winter wonderland!





Our back yard.
























We are definitely not driving anywhere today...






Even though Caleb was not a huge fan of actually being IN the snow, we bundled him up to go play a little. He really liked being outside with the snow, as long as someone was holding him. 12 inches is a lot to try to walk in, when you're only a little over twice that many inches tall!
We're both wearing about 10 layers.




Caleb tried a snow angel - but only lasted 3 seconds.





Inspecting the snow.































It was perfect snow man snow, but I built the snow man at the end of our playing, and I was ready to go inside, so he's small! Of course, he's a lot bigger than is usually possible in Texas!




This was at attempt to let Caleb walk in the snow when most of it was melted away. I think he fell, and then he screamed. It seemed to scare him a little that he couldn't walk right in the snow. Daddy picked him up, and he was happy again soon! He still begged to be outside!






Caleb discovered a baseball that Coach gave him for Christmas. He keeps it in his fire truck trunk now!






Is this face suspicious, or what?





This is what happens when I let Caleb pick out his clothes. He reminds me of a snow boarder or something!






He's really into wearing other people's stuff ... like Daddy's belt. Give him some pop guns and he could be John Wayne!






And thank you to my sweet husband, who made me the best cakes in the world for my birthday. 31 is the new 21, right????







You are an awesome cake chef!!

(I don't know why I can't get this picture right side up!





1 comment:

Hayley said...

Yay for playing in the snow! We got some but not enough to play in. The backpack and belt are too cute! Love y'all and hope to see y'all soon.
Aunt Hayley

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers