For unknown reasons, Caleb suddenly became afraid of a toy crab that he usually plays with in the bath. Every time I tried to give him the crab in the bath, he swatted it away and said, "No, no, no?" (always like he's asking a question)
So the other day I tossed the crab to the toy box, but it fell short and landed right in front of the toy box. Caleb climbed up in his Elmo chair (both feet off the ground) and stared at the crab, because he wanted to get to the toy box. He just sat in his chair, saying, "Help? Crab? Help? Crab?" I was trying to explain that he could step over the crab to the toy box, and he would be just fine, when thankfully Rick came home from work. I'm wondering if my husband is certified in phychiatry, because after about 20 minutes of playing hide and seek with Caleb and the crab, sneaking up on the crab and saying boo, using the crab as a hat, and some other very fancy tricks, Caleb was suddenly BEST friends with the crab!
The next day, when I fed Caleb a sandwich, I had to feed "Mistew Cwab" a sandwich. When Caleb took a nap, Mr. Crab had to go with him to take a nap. Whenever Caleb sees the crab, he reminds me that he is a "nice cwab (crab)". So now, Mr. Crab is a permanent part of Caleb's posse.
This is Caleb, feeding Mr. Crab some of his raisin toast.

Posse member #1: Mr. Crab
Mr. Crab's headshot
Posse member #2: "Platypus", formerly known as "Green Duck"
We have a baby animal book, with duck billed platypusses in it, and so Caleb has renamed Green Duck.
Posse member #3: The return of an old friend...
He is still living with us illegally, since he was pilfired from the church, but some day he will be returned - hopefully in one piece! Yes, you guessed it, it's the giraffe.
Posse member #4: "Fast Car"
Caleb has probably 20 cars, but he has one black car (also stolen from a friend's house, who graciously allowed us to keep the car once we found it) that he has named "fast car". I don't know why it's faster than his other cars, but apparently it is!
And Posse member #5: Caleb, self-nicknamed "Big Boy" or "Baby", depending on what he wants to be that day. He occasionally says his real name, which sounds like "K-Bob" or "Kay-wub".
This picture was a month ago, but his smile in it makes me laugh!
For Valentine's Day, the youth hosted a dinner for the church. We were all supposed to dress up as TV stars ... but we mostly watch sports on TV, so we dressed up as them instead!
I think the Hannah's get the best dressed award!
Caleb's two favorite toys this week have been a $0.99 red plastic cell phone my parents bought him and one of those colored cards you get at Lowes to take home and try out paint colors. He held the paint card all the way through our trip at Lowes and all day running errands in the car, and it's still with us here at the house. The phone he slides open and says "POP", and then says, "I'll fix it!" and slides it closed again. Who needs expensive toys?
Caleb being helpful, and taking Daddy his boot: (February)
Caleb's new attention getter is to say, "I'm sad!" and make the saddest face he can or bury his face in his hands. I tried to catch it on film, but he stops whenever I record. (February)
Mr. Crab goes upside down, and Caleb does his new trick - backwards/forwards. (February)
Caleb, I just put you down for the night, and I have to write a few quick words. You have kept me laughing all day today! You are starting to finish songs and nursery rhymes for us, and it cracks me up!! You repeat EVERYTHING we say. Today for instance, you repeated:
"That's terrible!" which Rick yelled at a basketball game
"I'm so excited!"
"Coach and Granna's doorbell!"
"That's so funny!"
"Goodnight, Sweet Pea!" which I said to you just now
You are still talking about the windmills, pump jacks, and oil refinery you saw on the way to Midland. When we talk about going to church, you list off every church member whose name you know. And when we pray, you announce, "We're talkin' to God!" (loudly sometimes!) You tell me "no" often, and we're working on "no thank you" instead. You sat in your high chair for 2 hours Tuesday, because you refused to clean your hands, and I refused to let you out until you let me clean them.
I just had to write a few notes of how you're growing up this week. You are precious, stubborn, and still a joy to be around. You have been in your bed now for 30 minutes, and you're still in there talking to yourself about the moon, and saying goodbye to trucks, and who knows what else!
As you would say, "Nee night!"
2 comments:
He is so cute! and so SMART!!! :)
Love the videos!Can't wait to see y'all again. Love y'all.
Aunt Hayley
Post a Comment