Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Christmas Surprise

As I sit here pondering the amazing yumminess of Chinese Food and pasta salad ... it occurs to me that it's about time to blog why I'm thinking such strange things.

So after Caleb had his stomach bug, and while I was having his stomach bug, I was in the car with my mom and sister thinking ... ugh, I am so sick, and I am so tired. I could go to sleep right here. In fact ... I am pregnancy tired. And then it hit me ...

So I went to the store and bought a test. I tried to lose mom and Hayley in the store a few times so I could keep it a secret (sorry girls) and keep everyone from worrying, but I had no such luck, so they were aware of my purchase. Rick was flying in that night, and I wanted to know if I were pregnant so I could surprise him. In the back of my mind though, I was still totally convinced that it was not really possible. Two years ago I took a test in Midland too, and it was negative, so I just thought this was going to be a repeat of that. (That February was when we found out we'd be having little Caleb!) I got home, took the test, and went into shock! It was definitely positive. We are SO excited, and it is a huge blessing ... but it was very unexpected and quite a surprise!

I told my mom, because I needed help coming out of shock (excited shock, but shock none the less!), and we went looking for an "I'm a Big Brother shirt". I wanted to put it on Caleb at the airport and tell Rick that way. But ... we could not find one anywhere! So I bought a "Congratulations on the new baby" card instead. Last time, Rick knew all about my pregnancy test, so it was fun this time to surprise him!

So Rick flew in, and when we got back to the house (and he had a little time to love on Caleb), I gave him the card. He read the outside, read the inside ... and looked confused. Then he said, "There is no money in this card!" I think he thought I was giving him his Christmas card, and I was too lazy to find an actual Christmasy card, I'm not sure. Anyway, I said, "Ha! No, there is definitely not any money in that card!" He read the outside again, and the inside again, and then he got it! I am SO thankful that he was so excited about us expecting! I was a little nervous! But Rick said, "I don't think this day could get any better!"

So ... I am very sick, and very tired, and very thankful. I'm going to have to lay off reading my old blogs when I was pregnant with Caleb, because I just read how last time I was craving jalepenos, and it nearly made me puke. Gross!! :) We were 9 weeks on Thursday, and so hopefully in a month or so, I will feel good, and keeping up with a crazy toddler will be a little easier! This will definitely be a different experience than last time!

It's amazing how we can plan our lives out just how we want them, and then we find out that God is in control of the planning, not us!

So ... some time around August 18, 2010, we will be adding a member to our family. I am praying this pregnancy is BORING compared to our last one! :) Thank you Lord, for unexpected blessings.

2 comments:

Kim McGee said...

Hooray!! We can't wait to meet the new baby!!

Jill said...

We are so EXCITED for you guys!!! Congratulations! love y'all!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers