Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nine Months

A few quick notes on 9 months while Caleb is napping ... then I've got to get back in the swing of taking pictures and posting! I know I'll forget all of these little things otherwise!




Caleb, you are so active! It took 5 picture attempts (and holding you with my feet) just to get a picture the other day! You are pulling up on everything, crawling all over the house, and dancing any time you get the chance.






















You go, go, go, go, CRASH!











Then you wake up in full speed (chewing) mode again.








You hate going to sleep at any time though - day or night. You'll cry until you just give out (because you're exhausted!) The other day, you fell asleep sitting straight up, playing with your
book, and screaming at me! I took pictures before I laid you down.
















You still love playing with Daddy, but you've been a Momma's boy lately. (I admit, I love it.) If I'm in the room, you pretty much want to be with me. If I leave though, you get into whatever is going on, and you're fine!
















Why do I have 8 double chins in that picture? Anyway ...






You will eat ANYTHING that you can feed yourself. That includes feathers, bugs (gross), and sweet potato puffs from Gerber. (thank you, Gerber) They are the only thing you eat that isn't made from scratch and chemical free ... and they are your favorites. Go figure. You found a bug earlier, on my freshly swept floor, and you were ecstatic to find such a tasty treat. You beat me to it - I'm sure I'll see that bug again in a diaper some time.


The Puffs








We went to lunch with Jill and Abby, and as Abby daintily ate her puffs one by one like a precious little sweet doll, you crammed as many as you could into your mouth at one time. Now, I only give you two at a time.




You love peaches, apricots, butternut squash, and eat just about anything I feed you. You like to squish it around in your hands until they're sticky, and then clap for yourself.








You prefer to drink from a straw, but will drink from a cup, too. When you drink from a cup, you usually take one drink and then snap your head up, waiting for someone to cheer for what a great job you did! This was an unsuccesful attempt to get a video of you drinking ...









You are clapping, waving, and singing these days, which is just precious! You will say Dada and Mama sometimes to get our attention, but also sometimes just to babble. You also say hi on purpose (and wave) sometimes! You play with your basketball and say "ball". (over and over and over). I still can't tell if you're just mimicking us saying "ball", or if you understand what it is. You like to chew on things, and then "share" them by putting them in our mouths to chew on.


You're too long to fit in most onesies, so we're wearing tshirts and shorts mostly. 18 months fit you best right now, but we're hanging on to some 12 month outfits still! Your feet don't fit in any shoes made by mankind, either.







You are so loved by so many people. I can't believe how fast you are growing! I am having to start telling you "no" these days, which is surprisingly hard. You like to chew on people's shirts, and bite their shoulders by accident in the process. Between that and playing with wall outlets, I feel like I'm telling you "no" all the time!
I can't tell you how many times during the day I thank God for your sweet cheeks and precious claps and songs. We love you, little Caleb!









No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers