My precious 2 year old is in bed, reading a book about breeds of horses. She can't read, of course, and she hasn't memorized the book yet since we just got it from the library. So I hear her naming the breeds herself:
"palomino, pinto, large girl-a horse, big brown horse ..." I brought her Lisa, the black and white kitty, whom I had found under a table. Lisa proceeded to purr and give me night nights to thank me for bringing her to Kerith. These night nights are the ones that Kerith invented, where she hugs us with her head to the left, then to the right, then kisses us on each check, the nose, the chin, and the lips. And I thought to myself, those 2 minutes of time really encapsulated my Kerith girl. Horses, Lisas, make believe, reading, a very realistic kitty purr, night nights, and a "Thank you for bringing me my kitty! I love you, Mommy!"
What a blessing, our Kerith girl!
Lisa, the black and white kitty
(not to be confused with Lisa the stick horse or Lisa the pink bear)



No comments:
Post a Comment