Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm Wearing Gold Eyeshadow Today

There is a problem I see in the young ladies growing up these days, which I probably see more of than the average person as a pastor's family. (besides teachers, who see a lot more of it than I do). Girls care WAAAAAAAY too much about what other people think!

I'm sure I did too, at one point. But not anymore, right? Except ... I have this gold eyeshadow which is the prettiest color ever. It looks like death on me, but it's great in its case. And this morning I thought, boy I wish I could wear it. And then I thought, self, why can't I wear it? Who is the eyeshadow police that is going to arrest me and put me in jail for ugly eye shadow? I'm not going anywhere special, unless Wal Mart is special. I'm not trying to match to my outfit, which is black exercise pants and a sweatshirt. So, I'm wearing gold eye shadow. And I love it.

Kerith loves to wear a huge pink flower bow and red sparkly shoes. I hope, as her mom, I can figure out how to teach her not to care about what others think while still understanding propriety. Can you wear your bikini to church? No. That would be inappropriate. Can you wear pajamas to a nice dinner? No, we should respect the host and hostess and wear nice clothes that aren't distracting. Can you wear a hot pink bow and bright red shoes? If it makes you happy. And if anyone tells you they don't match, you say, "By whose rules?"

No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers