I have been working on this post for a month, and I have finally decided it's time to post it - ready or not! I have LOTS more picture proof of your cuteness that I would like to include, but our internet (or maybe Blogger), has been giving me fits over uploading pictures this month. I may have to switch blog hosts. I can't handle being limited on how many pictures of you I bombard people with!
I can not BELIEVE you are one year old. The time has flown! You have grown so fast! If I had to pick one word to describe your personality, it would probably just be "happy"! (or maybe "coy") You are always smiling, and laughing, sometimes for real and sometimes just to fake it for fun. You do, however, have quite the fiery temper when someone tells you no or takes something from you! But it's very short lived, and you're sure to smile again soon (sometimes right in the middle of your fits!)
You are so sweet, and SO kissable. You are one of those babies that is fun to hold. You are reserved though, and not too keen on going to strangers. Maybe it's because there are so many people always wanting your attention! You're a Mommy's girl for now ... at least until Daddy walks in the room!
You are very laid back, and you love to watch people. You can say Mama and Dada, but you rarely do. You'll point to us if we ask, and if you're in the mood. :) You say uh oh, bye bye, hi, boo, bounce, bath, ball, moo (when asked what the cow says), moo (when asked what just about anything says), vroom (when driving lawn mowers or cars), and thank you (sort of). You will wave hi and bye, and you'll "twinkle" your fingers when we sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. You are very NOT interested in demonstrating for people, though!
Your favorite things are kitties, stuffed animals of any sort, and balls. And your brother. When you squeal with delight, I know either your brother or a kitty is in view! You will play with any ball, any time, any where. You LOVE to watch people playing sports (probably because of the balls involved). We have a feeling that you might be the athlete of the family, if you ever decide to actually walk. You army crawled until you were just shy of 11 months, and then you crawled ... and crawled ... and still crawl! You'll cruise around and dance while holding onto things, but walking doesn't seem to be that important to you. I've even caught you standing on your own when no one is paying attention and you forget that you don't want to!
You are FEARLESS! You love to play on the playground and go head first down the slides. You love to be tossed into the air by your Daddy, and although your brother is a little nervous about heights, you happily drive the tractor with Daddy for as long as we'll let you. You also dance spontaneously any time you hear music, and sometimes when you don't!
You love books, and although you turn the pages way faster than I can read, you never seem to tire of "reading". You are constantly talking and pointing, although I don't usually know exactly what you're saying. We love your sweet ("slobbery" as Caleb says) kisses, which you freely give at any time with your tongue completely out of your mouth. You love to point to everyone's nose, mouth, and eyes (sometimes you even say nose or eyes), but you haven't quite figured out that it hurts when you pick noses and poke eye balls.
You bounce. You LOVE to bounce, and you always announce that you are bouncing when you begin. You get a mischevious grin any time you bounce or find a way to make noise. An early example of both (with a stuffed animal tucked under your arm as usual):
Bouncing 4/28/11 - 9 months
A few pictures from your first year ...
7 months
This is how you used to sleep and nurse. Covering up your eyes. It cracks me up!
Our smiley girl and your toes.
8 months
Finally eating real food. It took forever for you to be willing to eat anything besides breast milk. But now you'll eat just about anything I give you! Except expensive baby food - it's the only thing you've turned down.
9 month wave
9.5 mnths
The army crawl in action!
Here comes a kissy!
10-11 months
Mom, don't interrupt my dinner with bright camera flashes!
Laughing at Daddy and Caleb - a favorite past time!
For your first birthday, you got cake - and teeth! I'm so glad you actually were born with teeth in your head! You daintily picked at your cake. No mess here.
It was no work of art.
This is what happens when you try to ice a cake and carry a baby at the same time...
And this is what happens when you try to fancily ice a cake in 105 degree weather. Forget it! Just slap some icing on there and let's go.
You are such a joy to us, we love your giggle and your nose scrunches. Whenever too many people are looking at you, you bend your head down to your shoulder to see everything sideways and laugh. I hope you always keep the wonderful sense of humor and laughter we see growing in you!
I can't wait to get to know you better as you get older. Every day your personality blooms into something more wonderful (and a little more headstrong). Since I know you'll be up at 5:30 for breakfast ... a new habit I am not too fond of ... I am off to bed. I'll set some more pictures to upload - maybe by in the morning they'll be done!
We love you precious girl. We thank the Lord for the wonderful blessing you have been and continue to be to our home.






No comments:
Post a Comment