March
Did you say something about food?
Ummm, like some more peas, maybe?
Okay, I'll just eat this appetizer while I wait.
February
I have no idea why he thought he needed his backpack to play in the snow.
Kerith's Jan-March (months 6-8) have consisted mostly of penguining and learning to eat. We are FINALLY getting some solid food in this girl's belly! (not that you can tell that it hasn't been getting in there!)
Drinking water and waking up, in the moose shoes.
Eating vanilla (and chocolate mint) snow, in the moose shoes.
Reading Daddy's Bible. That's right, you guessed it, in the moose shoes.
January
I think a good summary of Caleb's Jan-March is, "I can do it by myself." He is showing us some serious independence, and is learning that it's okay to ask to do things by himself, but he's still gonna have to hold our hands in the parking lot. He finds this completely unfair and unreasonable. :)
He is convinced that he can do ANYTHING by himself.
He is convinced that casa means Saturn in Spanish. Therefore, when we go to Taco Casa ($1 tea and a free lemonade for Caleb!), he tells me every time that we are at Taco Casa, which means Taco House Saturn.
He is convinced that Lightening McQueen is actually Lightening "the Queen", which makes some kind of sense I guess, since Mr. the King is another Cars movie character.
He is convinced that the proper way to refer to Kerith is "Mister Kerith Man". I keep trying to explain he is Mister Caleb Man, but she is Miss Kerith Girl. He does not accept it.
He is still convinced that everything tastes better covered in ketchup, even bananas, and that Christmas is Noah's birthday. We'll work on that next year, I guess!
He has a bear named Jo Jo, a bear named Naaman, and a plane named Owl. I have no idea where he gets these names. He will request a very specific car (of his 2000 cars) when it's time for bed. He is constantly singing, which we love. Sometimes he actually sings the right words, and sometimes he just uses a tune and makes up his own words.
And the greatest part of this stage of our lives, is that Caleb just came up, gave me a big hug, and said, "I love you Mommy. I love you SO much." With that, I'm going to go read him some books.











No comments:
Post a Comment