So, I had a farewell ceremony to a LOT of Caleb's clothes. He's barely fitting in 12 month outfits right now! I took pictures of some of my favorites - I'm so sappy! Here is one picture (I took 5 or 6 pics of different outfits I have fond memories of!)

Caleb and I went to Midland to see Hayley graduate two weeks ago.

As always, we had a blast! See this concerned look on Caleb's face? This is what he does if mom moves more than 5 feet away these days! After a day or two in Midland though, he was okay with mom being gone as long as his grandparents were close.

My cap and gowned sister - and my mom, who has been working furiously to be sure Hayley got to walk the stage (long story) finally getting to relax. Mom got sick while we were there - I think the stress of getting all three of her kids graduated from high school over the last 30 years finally manifested itself in a migraine!

Off to the Midland Christian high school gym! Please disregard the fact that I'm in a dress made for my mom, who is 5 ft 2. At least I had a dress. Mom was brave to let me borrow, considering my spit-uppy friend here. Thanks, Mom!


Dad kept Caleb very entertained! He did pretty well. (Caleb, that is.)

We got to eat lunch at the fam's favorite spot, where they eat every Saturday. I got CHEESE ENCHILADAS!!!! And split those and nachos with Hayley. MMMMMmmmmm good! (Caleb is enjoying his green beans mexican style, which means in a Mexican restaurant.)

Caleb can get pretty much anywhere he wants to go these days with his navy seal style army crawl. He's stealthy, I tell you! I got out my camera to video something funny he was doing, and actually captured his first "crawl"! He's not really working on his normal crawling ability these days, being pretty much satisfied with the tummy army crawl.
The only problem with this new mobility? No reverse yet! He gets stuck constantly.

This is pretty much what we see of Caleb all day! His back!

And back home to daddy. Which one is sleepier?

I was doing dishes the other day when Caleb got very quiet, which usually means he's found my flip flops or is into the paper under the computer. I quickly went into the living room to see what trouble he was in, and found him like this ...

He had crawled up into his boppy and was watching a movie (Nemo I think) with his basketball and his teething turtle. Funny!!
We've been watching the NBA playoffs of course, and we were cheering on the Cleveland Cavs, but no luck. Now we've got to decide between the Lakers (who I usually hate) and the Magic. Going to be a tough choice!

More about the garden later, but we're up to our ears in squash. Anyone want some? Rick's got a great blog about what gardening teaches us about life. So true!

The UPS man just came in to deliver something for the church, and Caleb just about stood up he was so excited. He gets so tired of my face! Any new faces make him laugh like crazy. Ha, I think I'm insulted! : )
Caleb's favorite toy last week - Daddy's empty coffee mug!
Last, Caleb's new favorite game this month is "sharing". This was taken after a stomach virus episode (last night), so he's REALLY hungry and just getting over being sick, but I captured a few seconds of it. He chews on something, then offers it to his Daddy to share! Cups, blankets, anything! It's so cute! (and very messy!)
You're growing up quick, little man, and your personality is still just coming out. You're stubborn, but go after things with your whole heart. Your smile still lights up a room, and you smile almost all the time! You still love people and music, and your train that my Jessica gave you. You're starting to love splashing in the bath and play time with Daddy more than ever. You have a new "mischevious" smile that is precious but makes me very nervous! You talk constantly, although none of it makes much sense still, but it's fun to listen to! Dad taught you a new trick - you guys like to "roar" at each other. You have something new every day to surprise me and make me laugh!
Keep on growing - we love you!


1 comment:
Mexican style green beans...LOL! I love it. When are we gettin together. thursday?
Post a Comment